Unusual selector problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual selector problem.

Hi guys, and techs. Ive been building a frankenstein M4, and i have a little bitch of a problem with it. Its a gearbox from a JG in a new ics plastic body. There is no resistance in the selector plate sliding to and fro at all. Yet when i put the body all together, and slide my selector to safe mode, it doesnt seem to push the selector plate far enough to engage the safety mech. There is no problem with the mech, as when you push the selector plate with your finger, it engages. Is it a possibility that the ICS body selector hole is a few mm further away stopping the selector and cam pushing the selector plate and engaging the safety? And would it make sense in using either an ICS selector plate to correct the problem or an ICS selector switch and cam, or both as it may be specific to to ICS dimensions?

I hope this makes sencse,

Thanks in advance
    Mo

Re: Unusual selector problem.

knowing ics they probably use a different sized cam to the norm, so its location maybe off.
    You do have the selector at "semi" setting when putting in the gear box dont you?

Comment

Yeah ive done it loads of time but with other brand gearboxes and bodies with no problem. Ics jus seem to be a bit of an ass.

Comment

Check to make sure the cam on the selector switch is tight and in the correct position, I've had that once before where the cam rotates slightly out of alignment and stops it going fully into safe.
        Might not be but worth a try.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Its fixed on pretty well :s. Im gonna try and get hold of an ics selector cam from somewhere, or melt a nub onto my existing cam to see if it pushes the selector plate to engage the safety, thanks for your advice guys

Comment

I don't mean to hijack your thread itaintsoft but I thought it would be pointless to open a new thread when I have a similar problem. I have just replaced the spring in my gearbox to a bigger one, along with the piston and cylinder heads. Now when I shoot the gun on semi-automatic it fires but the trigger doesn't flick back forwards automatically from where you have pulled it to. I dont have the same problem on full automatic.

So my main question is, is it an electrical problem (motor and battery voltage combo) or mechanical with the selector switch?

Thanks Wolfie
            Knowledge is power

Comment

Have you installed the trigger spring correctly?
              The trigger itself should be spring loaded, on semi the cut off lever flicks the blade contact up and over the trigger so will only reset with the trigger in the ready position, in full auto the cutoff lever doesn't touch the contacts so when you let go of the trigger the little contact spring will push the trigger back to its ready position.
              Is the trigger very light to pull?
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yes now you mention it it is quite easy to pull. So I need to have a look again at the trigger spring within the gearbox? Rather than the small spring that is on the outside attached to the selector plate? Thanks btw
                Knowledge is power

Comment

You will have a spring external on the selector plate, thats for the cut off lever, inside the gearbox you will have a small spring attached to the top of the moving part of the contact, that resets the trigger contact, a spring for the tappet plate, then actually on the trigger itself there is a slightly fatter spring that hooks into a small hole on the back of the trigger and loops around the pivoty bit on the trigger, thats the one that might be missing.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

itaintsoft Life impaired, funny, likes music. Find out more about itaintsoft
                  Working...
                  X