Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

How do I get the wires into the stock tube to run into a cranestock.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get the wires into the stock tube to run into a cranestock.

As above. I don't get how the wires go into the stock tube. As there is no notch in the buffer tube for the wires to run through. Is there any other way I could sort this out.
    Any info would be really appreciated.
    sigpic

Re: How do I get the wires into the stock tube to run into a cranestock.

Dremel it.
    sigpic

Comment

Cheers. Could I cut a slit out as it's really thin. And if I were to dremel it it would still be no use as the wires wouldn't fit.
      sigpic

Comment

Might be easier just to buy a stock tube designed for crane stocks!

But if you don't want to do that, drill 2 holes in the back of the stock adaptor just below where the screw passes through. Then thread the wires through individually and add the connector afterwards.

Comment

It's bot the stock tube sorry it's the part that is integrated into the lower receiver. It has no channel for the wires to run through. But what you said should work. I will give that a go.
          sigpic

Comment

Have you got any pics of the part in question that needs modding?

Comment

http://m1075.photobucket.com/albumvi...6.jpg.html?o=0
              Here it is. I need to get the wires into the buffer tube..
              sigpic

Comment

Ah I understand now! You've got two choices, cut down the stock mounting tube to around 15mm, use a G&P VLTOR 5 position stock tube and run the wires up through that. Or as has been suggested use a dremel to run the wires through what you've got now. If the wires are too short as is you may need to rewire the gear box with longer wires. Or you can run a battery into the stock tube via the G&P Method.

Comment

The wires are the perfect length. I think I am going to drill a small hole into the rear of the stock mounting tube and feed the wires throughout the buffer tube that way. But you say cut downt the mounting tube to 15mm what would that achieve. Sorry I just am a bit confused.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd stick with the dremel idea. Cut a slot up to the stock tube, run the wires along that, through a hole in the stock tube, and then cover everything with a sling plate.
                    sigpic

Comment

Cutting down the buffer tube would mean there is less distance for the wires to travel along the buffer. Shorter buffer = more surface area for the wires to move. The dremel idea is definitely easier, just depends how and where you want to run your battery.

Comment

Here you go. Not my guide, but it shows you how to cut the stock tube!

http://www.freewebs.com/nrgmechanics...tockwiring.htm

Comment

that was going to be my suggestion, to just cut or drill a hole in it, and then feed the cables through.

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I am
                            Going to follow that guide
                            sigpic

Comment

As you'll need to take the plug off to get it through a small hole (I wouldn't suggest drilling a hole in the stock tube big enough to fit a plug), take the opportunity to switch over to deans connectors if you haven't already.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JCSsharpshooter Love anything that gets the adrenaline going. Fishing motorcross and airsoft are what I live for :D Find out more about JCSsharpshooter
                              Working...
                              X