ICS SA80 (L86 model not that it matters) carry handle issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS SA80 (L86 model not that it matters) carry handle issue

Hey all, got a rather annoying issue with my L86. Basicaly i was preparing my gun the other day for a new acog and removed the carry handle but then thought i would test it on my L85 first ( army) , so put the carry handle back on.
    When i was tigjtrning the top screw ( the one through the hole in the top ofnthe sight) 3 of the 4 teeth of the screw that the screwdriver grip onto just tore off. Almost like they were made of ... well something not meant for tightening.
    So i can no longer unscrew it to take the carry handle off as the screwdriver has nothing ti hold onto.

Does anyone have any ideas of how i can remove the screw or the carry handle?
    I can post pics if needs be.
    If i need to destroy the handle and buy a new one to get it off i will do.

I do have pics but cant put them up until tonight.

Cheers

Bloody hell how tight did you want it....lol

If its flush with the hole then destroying the handle may be your only option.

Personally I would just grind/saw here

And here

Then it will just fall off

Comment

Re: ICS SA80 (L86 model not that it matters) carry handle issue

Is that not the side screw?
      And i was just tightening till there was no wobble. Disnt seem to tight to me lol

Comment

Yes, if you take the two side screws totally out you MAY be able to prize that side of the handle off the rail, if not just cut where shown and the whole one side of the handle will fall away and the rest of the handle will follow.

Comment

Re: ICS SA80 (L86 model not that it matters) carry handle issue

Managed to take it off by cutting through the side like you suggested so cheers for that. Only required one section to be cut theough and some leverage with a scredriver but i got there in the end!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jasont21 Find out more about Jasont21
          Working...
          X