Tm g3 sas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tm g3 sas

Basically, while upgrading, the piston head will not come off the piston, no matter which way i twist it. What can I do to get it off?

Thanks in advance

Charlie

edit: V2 gearbox FYI

Re: Tm g3 sas

Look inside the piston (ie, the end the spring would go into).

There could be a screw connecting the head to the piston. Normally a Cross head screw.

If there isn't - is there one on top of the head?

Sometimes they are put on very tight, but it will be a normal anti clockwise motion to undo.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

there isnt one one top of the head, and while it does rotate, it will not come off, even after 10 turns or so.

i will just find my long screw driver

Comment

With the TM piston assembly, the screw is threadlocked to the piston head its self, the face of the head covers the screw. Sometimes you will be able to grip the head and unscrew it, other times the threadlock will loosen and you will have to bore out the small hole on the face of the head to reveal the screw.

For obvious reasons, be sure not to widen the hole much more than the width of the screw.
        dsgdreamteam

Comment

Fantastic, many thanks

Comment

Jesus, is that some sort of TORX you're using to widen the hole (pardon the expression).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Originally posted by Gaffa View Post
              Jesus, is that some sort of TORX you're using to widen the hole (pardon the expression).
              Nope, its a 1/8" high speed cutter piece for the Dremel.
              dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

cornishpotshot I'm crazy, even thinking about talking to me shows that you are also a lunatic! Find out more about cornishpotshot
              Working...
              X