Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Fitting Madbull DD rail to ICS m4 (lets get technical!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting Madbull DD rail to ICS m4 (lets get technical!)

Right im wanting to fit a Madbull DD rail free float system to an ICS M4

Now i know ics guns have a metric thread, and most other airsoft guns bar G&P use imperial (so the DD rail wont fit)

So heres my thinking, and where i need correcting if im wrong before i spend £££ on new parts.

On the Madbull rail the first part of the bracet goes on the reciever, and then the retaining nut screws on to lock it and the barrel in place and is the part that wont fit an ICS gun.

So if i were to get an ics delta ring, and grind off the flange that supports the spring, id then have a nut that i could use to lock off the Madbull bracket and hold it and the barrel in place?

ill add pictures to make what i mean easier
    this is an ICS delta ring http://www.airsoftelite.com/image/ics-ma33.jpg

if i were to grind off the flange on the bottom of the left part, i could in theory use it to replace...
    http://madbull.com/catalog/index.php..._image&pID=479
    ... the nut to the left of the screws? as thats the part with the different thread.

I hope that makes sense and someone can tell me if my thinking is right or wrong

Re: Fitting Madbull DD rail to ICS m4 (lets get technical!)

i had an G&P delta ring on it and a samurai SIR ring, without any probelm.
    sigpic

Comment

G&P and ICS use the same thread. I just tried a G&G/ICS front end on my ICS gun, and the ring wouldnt screw on, its a slightly larger thread.

Comment

I once put a Madbull front end on a G&P upper by doing some slight filing of the G&P thread, it's as if the paint/coating went on too thick and the threads weren't quite deep enough. I tried the Madbull re-threading tool and it was crap. Five seconds with a file and the RIS went on fine.

I tend to approach any airsoft accessory with a set of files... nothing ever fits. I once had trouble putting a G&P barrel nut on a G&P gun.

Comment

Yeah I don't fancy using the madbull re-threading tool, as it means I can't put either of my 2 ics front ends (m4 or m16) back on if I ever want to.
          The G&G thread i tried would barley even screw on at all.
          The only issue i can see with my suggestion above is ill have to make some spacers in case the nut doesnt screw down tight enough onto the barrel leaving it free to move, that and the wings on the barrel, which i dont fancy cutting off, as Ive used them to secure my non ICS m203 in a previous bodge

Comment

what your suggesting to do, is something i did on a old G&P Body with a clone DD FSP Lite Rail, and just grinded down the delta ring till i got the right fit needed, worked a charm and once tightened it never came loose or anything. so to save your self £20 its worth doing imo
            sigpic

Comment

save £20? are you suggesting you can buy a proper ring?

Comment

Yeah i am lol, google this, shoud get you a few results

Madbull DD Rail Barrel Nut for G&P

can also replace the G&P Part and put PTW instead, as they also use the stupid thread lol
                sigpic

Comment

you sir just gave me a back up plan

Comment

well i just bought a 9" Madbull DD lite rail, so ill post back how it goes bodging it! Going to be a right Madbull slag, got an ace socom stock and DD rail coming my way in the next week or so

Comment

How did this turn out?

Thanks
                      "I guess it comes down to a simple choice. Get busy living or get busy dying."
                      Red - Shawshank Redemption

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

badger906 Find out more about badger906
                      Working...
                      X