M4 Feeding Problem - KA Midcaps and Madbull 3-in-1 hop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4 Feeding Problem - KA Midcaps and Madbull 3-in-1 hop

Hi Guys, had a good search first I promise.

I bought myself a nice pack of King Arms 120 midcaps. Struggled to get them to work in my gun. Lent them to others who have them work fine in other guns, just mine. Hicaps work just fine.

I've had a closer look today. I'm using the Madbull 3-in-1 hop unit, so the obvious solution is remove the chamber lock rubber, I have done this. The mag releases BBs into the hop unit, it just wont fire.

What is peculiar is that if I invert the gun for a moment, then turn it right way up, it'll fire one BB. So I have to conclude that the BBs are simply not being pushed into the chamber with sufficient force. Yet they work in other guns fine, so It must be the hop unit is just a little tighter.

Do you guys agree with my conclusion? Is there something I can do to loosen it a little so the BBs get far enough into the chamber to fire?

Re: M4 Feeding Problem - KA Midcaps and Madbull 3-in-1 hop

UPDATE:
    I'e tried another brand of midcap and it feeds just fine, so it is the King Arms ones just not feeding the BBs with sufficient force. Are there solutions to this?

Comment

King Arms mids are notoriously picky.
      sigpic

Comment

So I'm told... any tricks?

Comment

Sell them and get something different, that's what I had to do.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
            King Arms mids are notoriously crap
            Fixed that for you

OP: You can try a dot of silicone and plunging the spring up & down... but I would not bother!

For some really nice magazines, the MAG 190BB midcap and the Magpul PTS PMAG 120BB midcap get my vote!

Comment

King arms midcaps are fantastic. They're my mag of choice.

If your confident taking your gun apart, put an o ring between the gearbox and hop chamber, see if that helps.

If not, try adding tape or thin Velcro in the back of the magwell.

Usually it's because bbs are being pushed into the sides of the hop up feed tube rather than straight up it.

Comment

Thanks guys, I do prefer to try to fix the problem rather than sell. Will have a go at both solutions and post results to help anyone else with same problem.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Figjam Find out more about Figjam
                Working...
                X