torque gear problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• torque gear problem

Right i have a problem i brought some. Shs hi torque v2 gears of some one on here but the thing is there noy v2 that i know off . The spur gears top teeth are shorter and ghe selector gear the bottom teeth that connect to the spur gear upper teeth is the same lenght (ie teeth stick out the same) as the teeth that pull back the piston ?? Anyone know what these gears are for ?? As the teeth are longer its always hit (even whe. Shimed) the block for the trigger .... and even if i cut that right down the piston wont release as the lower teeth will always be connecting .. unless this it for a half tooth piston ??

Any help would be great

Re: torque gear problem

can you grab a photo ? its sounds like a tm recoil shs set
    Last edited by johnnyj; 21 September, 2012, 15:51.
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

http://s993.photobucket.com/albums/a...iesryan/gears/

Photos are here

Comment

Gearset for a half tooth piston - they arent the only people to produce gears like this
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

You 100% sure bud

Comment

Yep, Now hes mentioned it A_Flea on here has the same issue, its for a half tooth piston. You can mod the piston yourself with a dremel or you could buy a half tooth piston.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Yup, those are gears for a half-tooth piston.

An SHS half-tooth piston can be picked up on ebay for under a tenner.
              Remember to correct the angle of engagement

Comment

Why does everybody say this? Don't forget AoE.
                It's only really important if its a high speed setup or a high FPS setup. I when for nearly 4 years on one piston and set of gears at 22 RPS, the only reason the piston broke was because I tried a stupid battery on the wrong setup.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Lol true but it gives the piston long life really thats it lol and i am doing a dmr set up so i need aoe done really specialy as its on a half tooth piston but i have done it now and modded my piston so all sorted thanks guys

Comment

aoe can be done in 2 ways

if you put padding / sorbo on the head
                    or
                    the head you have does not match the piston and needs adjusting.

its always good to have the 1st bite of the sector gear to be 100% on the piston
                    but being as its at the lowest pressure is not vital.
                    but with some unmatched piston/head you can still have the 1st tooth of the sector gear hitting the 2nd tooth of the piston.
                    thus checking the AOE
                    Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Working...
                    X