New Madbull 3in1 hop unit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Madbull 3in1 hop unit

I recently got a new hop up for the first time, namely the madbull 3in1 hop, and found that even one the lowest setting the bbs were still going up far too much. I asked a friend and they said that I need to wear it in as it's a new rubber, but I've put about 5 hicap mags full of blaster .2's thru it and I haven't noticed much change.

Any help or ideas? Cheers

Re: New Madbull 3in1 hop unit

heavier bb's would solve the issue as it. hell you could run .28's and see them do miles.
    But if you want to use .2g then you need a smaller Nub. I had this issue with my tm m1a1 hop up chamber. even when all the way down it was still pushing into the barrel.
    Now i even made myself a tiny nub from some silicone wire insulation, and i still had over hop.
    I ended up filing down the hopup rubber, the part that presses into the barrel. I filed it completely off, and then it was only the nub itself that would give the gun hop.
    I then cut the inside part of a bic pen and used that as my nub. solved my problem a treat. only thing you have to be careful of using a very hard thing for a nub, is that too much hop could cause a jam.
    In my case it doesnt, but the gun shoots at 120fps with full hop lol.

Comment

I wouldn't use mine with anything less than 0.25s. Also, Blaster Devils are much better quality than the standard Blasters for not much more money and are the only ammo I'll use at the moment.

Once it's bedded-in, and you've switched to a slightly higher weight ammo, you should notice a big difference.
      sigpic

Comment

use a different hop rubber/smaller nub with the madbull unit then You could switch to heavier weight ammo, but unless you really want uber accuracy its not worth the extra 50% price rise for .28s :P
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I run Blaster 0.25s in my 3-in-1 fitted guns.

I keep some 0.2s for the chrono, but run 0.25s in games.

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
          use a different hop rubber/smaller nub with the madbull unit then You could switch to heavier weight ammo, but unless you really want uber accuracy its not worth the extra 50% price rise for .28s :P
          The difference isn't THAT much.

Comment

the problem is with the hop nub that comes with the 3-in 1 its too big (bigger than normal)

not the bb weight in this case....

Comment

Get the nub from your old gun then?
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

I was onto a winner with mine. Madbull 3in1 with a Madbull blue rubber and an unknown brand H nub. Range was awesome even though the gun was only firing at 230fps (seriously old TM gearbox). Range wasn't really affected when the power was upped to 345fps but time to target was much quicker.

The other alternative is the old bit-of-biro-inktube trick which I now run in all of my guns as it's solid, instead of a bit of rubber that flexes. (At least this is what I've found)
                The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Blackwood Find out more about Blackwood
                Working...
                X