Rewire seems to have gone wrong...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewire seems to have gone wrong...

Hello everyone, i have a jg m4 s-system which needed rewiring, so i bought an Element Large capacity switch with wiring, and recently rewired it, it worked fine but i noticed the spring on the trigger was outside the gearbox, after sorting that out the gun won't fire, most likely an error by myself, i've opened up the gearbox many times and switched the connector on the switch in a desperate attempt, but it has not worked, so i tried the old wiring outside the gearbox, although i had to survive through quite abit of sparking and having to angle all the wiring, it did work in the end, so what could be wrong? please help if possible!
    Cheers !

Re: Rewire seems to have gone wrong...

Look for differences between the too,a normal aeg wiring is very simple it simply follows a line from one end through and out the other, follow that and check for break, loose connections or poor connections.

Comment

Check the switch contacts ACTUALLY make contact - they sometimes dont on replacement ones (due to poor tolerancing) - I had to bend the two tabs slightly closer together on my SHS switch block.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Cheers to you both, yeah the contacts do make contact, and both are normal, wiring all seems fine, but i managed to get it working for a brief moment again, and i have a hunch it could be the tamiya connector, although it is only loose and does make contact, its the only possibility i can find.

Comment

On JG gearboxes i haave had a few where the trigger switch return post snaps off. If this happens you will only get off one shot in semi auto as the trigger is unable to push the contact forward again as it moves past its stop point.

Thanks

Comment

That's all there is too it, examine as you go and address any weak points, ditch the tamiyas for deans and go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by snowy70838 View Post
              On JG gearboxes i haave had a few where the trigger switch return post snaps off. If this happens you will only get off one shot in semi auto as the trigger is unable to push the contact forward again as it moves past its stop point.

Thanks
              had this exact thing as well on a jg box,really hard to see where its missing from unless you have a good box to compare to but its a little post that stops the switch sliding too far back .

Comment

Cheers everyone again, Dadio and snowy is the trigger switch return basically the switch contacts, contact, which is pulled back by the spring connected to a metal post? i am new to this but if thats what you mean that works fine, the trigger always comes back forward. Weird. And cheers again Richardy planning to get deans soon so hopefully that should fix it, but surely the metals only need to connect to conduct?

Comment

Basically if youve got a tiny conductor area you will have massive resistance, a solid metal connector such as the deans eliminated that as an issue - tamiya connectors can be rather fickle as well! (deans are just rock solid)
                  Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by Williams View Post
                    Cheers everyone again, Dadio and snowy is the trigger switch return basically the switch contacts, contact, which is pulled back by the spring connected to a metal post? i am new to this but if thats what you mean that works fine, the trigger always comes back forward. Weird. And cheers again Richardy planning to get deans soon so hopefully that should fix it, but surely the metals only need to connect to conduct?
                    No, behind the part of the contact that the trigger pushes forward there should be a small square metal post. This stops the contact moving back to far. The trigger itself remains unaffected.

Comment

Okay cheers snowy, i checked and its still there, and cheers dave yes i plan to use deans, but it doesn't seem to be the problem. I've done some checks and i'm getting power up to the switch, buts that is where it ends, i used some metal pieces instead of the switches connector and the selector plate, and it worked. So i tried the new and the old switch's connectors and it didn't work for either. Could this be a faulty switch and not a installation mistake? All of the plates on the switch do link up though so i find this pretty odd to understand.

Comment

Okay just closed up my gearbox, and its began to work, i bent in the metal plates in between the connector which is pushed by the trigger and its managed to work, not sure how long it will last, going to have to buy a solder anyway because the connectors to the motor broke while putting the motor in the grip. Cheers again everyone! I've Learnt not to cut corners on price now!

Comment

Systema ones are bad if not worse.
                          You have to set them up before use.
                          Sometimes I forget to put the tiny screw in and the trigger block moves slightly, that causes issues too.
                          section 24 of the 1968 Act
                          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Williams Budding Airsofter, love the internals, wanting to build, been playing for about 3 years now and desperate for cheap parts. got something for v2 (not mp5) please get intouch! Cheers! Find out more about Williams
                          Working...
                          X