Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM MP5 - Hop up Upgrade?

Hi,

My hop up is old and I'm sure could do with replacing.

Is there a better hop up for the TM MP5, and is there anything else I should do whilst I'm at it? New spring I guess?

Never even opened this up so it's all new to me.

Thanks in advance for the advise

Re: TM MP5 - Hop up Upgrade?

I say this a lot, but ill say it again. TM make the best hop ups period!

you could spend ££££ on an all snazzy big named brand, and youll think its amazing, but its not better, it may be equal, but unless you do a complete scientific experiment ext youll only be basing your new love for your hop up on the memory of your old ones performance... and your hardly going to come to the conclusion that its a steaming pile of turd! (systema owners have that issue lol they think the extra £1000 makes it £1000 better than a standard tm gun because they dont like to admit theyre no better. that speech came from a disgruntled systema owner realising it lol).

Just replace your bucking and nub and youll be set for another few hundred thousand bbs.

Comment

Re: TM MP5 - Hop up Upgrade?

You don't have to open the gearbox to get to the hop unit.

As Badger 906 says WRT the hop:
      Originally posted by badger906 View Post
      Just replace your bucking and nub and youll be set for another few hundred thousand bbs.
      As for other mods: When I did my TM MP5 SD6, I put in a Madbull 6.03mm barrel (229m long so the suppressor works), an M100 spring, and Element silent heads.
      It now fires at around 345 fps on 0.2g BBs, straight as a die when I'm running 0.25g BBs, and range is very good. Plus, due to the silent heads and suppressor, you can barely hear it from more than 10 metres, and only then it's motor noise.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KillEmAll Find out more about KillEmAll
      Working...
      X