Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

First M4, won't fire and trigger pulls in safe. I have no clue what I'm doing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First M4, won't fire and trigger pulls in safe. I have no clue what I'm doing!

This might be a bit of a long shot, but within the gearbox there is a little metal tab that sit just behind the trigger contact which stops it going back to far. If this little tab is broken then the trigger contacts will have come back to far also knocking the trigger out position. This would then cause you to be able to pull the trigger while the gun is in safe mode, and also cause the problem you have described in your updated post about the motor not working.

Comment

Re: First M4, won't fire and trigger pulls in safe. I have no clue what I'm doing!

Tbh, from his 1st description of the problem it sounds like your classic v2 gearbox lock up, usually caused by a flat/dying battery.

If the gun is in bits just connect up the wires that run thru the pistol grip to the motor and test it!

Comment

Nah, it isn't a flat battery, this happened on a freshly charged bat. I've fixed the trigger pulling in safe now, the circular thing that hooks into the long tab on the gearbox that selects the fire mode had come out of the hook/nook. Safety works now. If worst comes to the worst, I'll have to send it in for repairs, but thats going to leave a mark in my already low funds this month.

Comment

And I've had this battery the same amount of time as the gun; around 2 months.

Comment

Ok assuming the battery is holding a charge, u checked the motor etc?

Comment

Yeah, took it out and hooked it up separately and nothing. Theres no fuse box/housing that I can see either. Is it inside the gearbox? I wouldn't have thought so.
              Just called up an airsoft retailer local to me, and it'll cost me £15 before any repairs, which considering I have no idea whats gone wrong, could be any amount. Ughhh, I'm saving up for a bloody G&P RIS M4 as a primary atm, and if I have to buy this repair service it will set me back another month at least

Comment

The fuse holder on my src was a white plastic tube wired inby the battery connector, hard to miss!

Comment

On my G36 the fuse box is attached to the outer barrel right by the battery end of the wire, though it has connectors on either end so can be bypassed.
                  Originally posted by Lt. Macka
                  big black shapes draw the eye.

Comment

Where are you based fella? There may be a kind soul living near you who can help.

It's not that strange that your rifle doesn't have a fuse to be fair, it will be in its own housing, somewhere near the battery if you have one. It sounds like a simple electrical fault to me.

All you need to do is follow the wire from one end of the battery connector, through to the gearbox. Inside the gearbox there are usually 2, but sometimes one contact:

The first you can check without opening the gearbox.

On the selector plate side of the gearbox, can you see the 2 parallel metal prongs coming out from within the gearbox, near the trigger? If so:
                    - Check your selector plate has a metal sleeve on it, designed to short those two prongs
                    - Check that when you move it to semi or auto positions, it is touching both of those prongs
                    - Check that the prongs are not touching the gearbox case

If you do not see the 2 prongs, it's probably not an issue, move on to the next stage.

The next is the obvious one, but you need to open up the gearbox to see it - the trigger switch itself:
                    - Check that the gold tooth is in place and when you pull the trigger, it moves forwards and makes contact with the 2 trigger contacts.
                    - Check that neither the contacts nor the tooth are not black with electrical corrosion.
                    - Check that the contacts are not bent out of shape or broken

And then the wire just runs back to the battery. It literally is a closed loop with a few connectors and a pair of switches in, so trouble shooting it is easy!

Comment

I'm based in South West London, Lambeth borough. Thanks for those trouble shooting tips Bach, I'll have a look into the gearbox and the things you adressed tonight.
                      The battery connection (I think its a Tamiya connector) runs a straight uninterrupted black lead through the buffer tube into the gearbox.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GrizzlyDemon Find out more about GrizzlyDemon
                      Working...
                      X