Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Bad luck, Messed up, or just magic? Motor grinding, height adjust screw won't work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bad luck, Messed up, or just magic? Motor grinding, height adjust screw won't wor

If it needs lots of shimming then it needs lots of shimming unfortunately - ive come across at least one gearbox before (it was AGM) where the bevel gear couldnt actually be shimmed into correct position with the bevel because it was jamming into the far side of the gearbox case. If you can shim it up so that the whole gearbox goes together nicely and the gears all mesh then thats what needs to be done
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Re: Bad luck, Messed up, or just magic? Motor grinding, height adjust screw won't wor

Ah I see! Cheers, Shims should get here soon! It seems my ar latch is ineffective when the gears spin the wrong way, found this out when closing the gearbox up with just the gears inside, there is lots of movement in the gears, but the ar latch isn't working, would i need a new one?

Comment

hmmm - if your AR latch isnt working then either: it's worn out, in the wrong way round or the ratchets on the bevel gear are worn out. Can you get some pics of the bevel gear/arl?

Comment

Just opened the gearbox up again, closed it, and the ar latch began to work again, it then jammed for some reason, so I opened and closed the shell again, and it worked again, odd? The bevel gear is all around fine, and so is the ar latch, there's slight wear on the ratchets and the arl but its only slight, because of the friction, no serious damage I can see, its very clicky when spinning though, sounds terrible, surely I've done something wrong? The flat side of the arl is facing the ratchets, and works fine when it does work, strange? Cheers again anyway though!

Comment

Finally got some of my shims, but the i've only recieved the 0.5mm so far, but yes it works! closed the gearbox up, slapped on the pistol grip, and it fired, so popped it in the receiver and what not and it just wouldn't budge, completely jammed. took it all apart, then either i'd got the AoE wrong or the reversal latch was broken, but i'm not getting anything from it now, but i'm currently hoping that my battery is just basically drained, throughout the whole time i've been fixing this aeg its only had the battery charged once, and there has been tons of resistance, could feel it, hopefully it should be that since the motor doesn't seem to move and loose the motor spins quite slow. Cheers anyway for helping out with this problem everyone!

Comment

take everything except the gears out of the shell and put it back together - do the gears spin freely?

Comment

Yes they spin freely, but the ar latch sometimes seems to fail, it doesn't have any severe damage and neither does the bevel gear, the ar latch spring is also working, the gears have occasionally locked up though, so would a new gear set be needed?

Comment

have you re-set your motor height since you shimmed the bevel gear up? Dial it all the way out and start again - for even more freedom control motor height by pressing the motor into the gun with the pistol-grip baseplate removed And no, all guns lock up now and again, its a flaw in the V2 gearbox.

Comment

yeah i've re adjusted the motor, and tried it with the baseplate removed, won't budge haha, and okay cheers! I've got some industrial gear grease off a friend, unsure of the name, but apparently it should help out, i'll get the battery on charge ASAP and it should work then, Thanks again! Glad i don't have to get new gears!

Comment

Get yourself some high tack silicone grease off ebay - ive used it in every gun ive serviced, and ive never had issues with it (this includes multiple guns for my mates) - you can get a tub for a couple of quid off ebay, and you wont have to worry about the grease eating orings if it gets into the cylinder

Comment

Okay cheers i'll get some ASAP! i seem to be having another problem now, the gun is miss feeding, 2 bbs almost every time on semi, with a terrible whirring squeaky noise coming from inside after the shot, on full auto it fires fine, but sometimes on each round shot it spits out about 4 bbs, i've done some research, the aoe is fine, the tappet plate is fine as is the air nozzle, hop up unit seems to be adjoining fine (2 piece) but still getting the problem. I think it could be the ar latch failing but i'm not sure, sometimes on semi it sounds the piston is only pulled half way then lets go, and sometimes it locks up and i have to shoot on full auto, any ideas? Cheers!

Comment

UPDATE: Aeg suddenly stopped working, opened up the gearbox and the trigger contact has melted, that is with 8.4v nimh 1600mah with element large capacity switch and wiring, once again element fails me, last thing i get from them! Got a v2 silent piston head that was too large for the cylinder or 3 different aegs! I guess the wiring allowed to much current for the assembly? Kind of a large flaw? Anyway if anyone has any suggestions please tell!Cheers.

Comment

I think the trigger contacts have gone for the same reason the motor isn't turning properly.

There's something (or there has been at least) that's causing the motor to struggle. It might be height adjustment, it might be shimming, or it might be another problem. Regardless, the motor has been working much harder than normal, causing the battery to discharge at it's highest possible rate and, IMHO, that's what fried the contacts.
                            sigpic

Comment

Ah cheers, i'll have a good look around for some smaller shims.

Comment

Problem sorted! Needed to be shimmed for the motor grinding and AR latch holder in gearbox shell was 'broken' although it looked physically fine, it makes the ARL completely ineffective, so have had to use different sides of different gb shells but is now working! Do i close the thread?

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Williams Budding Airsofter, love the internals, wanting to build, been playing for about 3 years now and desperate for cheap parts. got something for v2 (not mp5) please get intouch! Cheers! Find out more about Williams
                                Working...
                                X