Motor over spin w/ascu+11.1 lipo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor over spin w/ascu+11.1 lipo

Just thought i would try an 11.1v lipo on my m4 its fitted with an ascu v2 and a jbu high torque, jbu renforced poly carbonate pistion with all metal teeth and jbu re enforced gear set
    Semi is fine very snappy and responsive, but on auto the motor over spins and because the anti reversal latch has been removed you hear the motor overspin and turn backwards a little bit, does this mean i need a higher torque motor?

Ash
    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Re: Motor over spin w/ascu+11.1 lipo

You could install another anti reversal latch, as it is recommened to keep it in.

Comment

It means you need an ARL :/ The position sensing on the ASCU units is well known for drift and innaccuracy, I don't know how or even why AS claim that you don't need an ARL, it's been proven time and time again to be BS...

Comment

I didnt fit it my mate did and he said you were meant to remove it lol oh dear......
        Mabe ill just stick to 7.4v lipo until i need to open up the box if/when it breaks lol
        Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

if your motor does not have neodymium magnets, then i would suggest to get one, the stronger magnets would help in preventing reversal of system
          VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
          trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Suffered the same problem when I installed my ASCU. Don't know why AS state it's not required... guess it's a selling point. Nonetheless, reinstalling the ARL solved the issue.
            sigpic

Comment

again it is not needed if you have strong magnets in your motor
              VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
              trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

Everything works better with the ARL still in place. I just keep it in anyway. No biggie!

Comment

just can't see an advantage in removing the ARL only possible disaster .

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

NEWT Find out more about NEWT
                  Working...
                  X