Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

What Parts Are Needed For A Standard AEG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Parts Are Needed For A Standard AEG?

Just for the fun of it, I'm looking at how much a custom rifle would be to buy all of the parts for and build myself. (Would this actually be any cheaper?)

I'd like it to be based around the M4 platform if that makes a difference to what parts I'd need. So what do I need both internally and externally to build a gun from scratch?

Thanks.

Re: What Parts Are Needed For A Standard AEG?

You wont have many problems finding large body parts, but you will struggle finding small screws and springs, which is why most people buy a cheap base gun first.

Comment

no it wouldnt be cheaper, and just for fun why dont you start us of by describing what type of m4 platform you had in mind
      VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
      trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

As long as you've got UKARA/Defense, I guess it could be fun The problem is it'll cost an arm and a leg to buy all the parts (if you want quality), and you never know if all the little intricate parts will be 100% compatible, unless you buy them all from the same brand... In which case you might as well have bought a pre-made one!
        sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Comment

i know of an overseas site that sells gbbr kits... it's been tempting me for a while now.

my aeg build was done using spares from other bits... it's fun. sort of.

Comment

As toby says it's fun until something doesn't fit right or you put it all together and the compression sucks (had that myself before). However there is an immense level of satisfaction building your own AEG. If you stuck to ACM parts, maybe get yourself a complete gearbox, only $50. One thing I would do is buy a decent body, the ACM one's like Big Dragon etc are rubbish. I've had 2 and regret not spending the extra $50 and buying a G&P or something like that.

You could put together one for a little as $250 or around that mark, however that would be the cheapest parts, then you may as well get a Chinese AEG shipped over for the same price.

Comment

Hmm thanks for all of your input guys, had a lot more response on this forum than some of the other airsoft forums!
              After thinking about it, I would rather buy a base gun and then slightly upgrade it.
              Thanks everyone

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

JRTIGHE Find out more about JRTIGHE
              Working...
              X