Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [G36c] JG Gearbox, KWA gun?

Hi everyone!

I am working on a rifle for a friend who recently replaced his KWA gearbox because it blew up.
    However, since installing the new gearbox, the gun has had little/no FPS and range.

Originally I thought it was an air seal issue. However I checked and it's fine.

I then replaced the hop unit with one from my Ares G36, I believe it is an old pro-win hop unit... which no longer exist.

After that I bought a new SHS hop unit for the G36 as I thought it must have been a dodgy hop. Plugged it in and still the same results.
    After a lot of web trawling I am coming around to one of my earlier theories: Could it all be the air nozzle's fault? It cycles fine in the gun, but could it be too short?

The Gearbox is JG/Echo1 completely stock. The rest of the gun is KWA... + SHS hop unit which is identical to stock KWA hop unit... suggestions?

Cheers for any input!
    GP.
    sigpic

Re: [G36c] JG Gearbox, KWA gun?

I Believe the JG air nozzle is a different length to pretty much every other g36, you should be able just replace it with the nozzle from the old box?

Comment

JG Air nozzles IIRC are closer to Aug length and are definitely longer than standard G36 nozzles.

Comment

Cheers guys!

I thought this might have been the issue- I have sourced a reasonably long air nozzle to try out. Will let you know how I get on!
        sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grounded_Pilot Small time technician, based in Norfolk/Suffolk. Airsoft devotee...! Find out more about Grounded_Pilot
        Working...
        X