Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery fire HELP!!

Hiya all
    I recently bought a G&G top tech tr4-18 light second hand off these forums and received it today. The guy was great to deal with and posted the rifle quickly and well packaged in the original box warped in plastic bags and tape( I have contacted the guy and he seems as concerned as I am about this )
    I test fired it with the 9.6 numchuck batteries that the guy had supplied and had thoughtfully charged prior to posting (which took 2 days through Royal Mail) and the gun fired fine with no real noticeable heating up of the motor or battery. After about 30 minutes and 500 rounds I was very satisfied and went to put the gun away. Only then did I smell burning and see a thick white smoke coming from the crane stock, I instantly attempted to remove the battery stock and it came off leaving the connectors behind (these appeared to have melted off)
    Here is the battery as is:image.jpg

Anyway after extinguishing the battery by separating the ends of the wire (which appeared to have fused together) using pliers and spending a little while freaking out I inspected the gun. There was no visible damage so I put another battery in (one that i had used earlier and was sure worked) and tried to fire but the gun did not fire or even make so much as a sound.

If anyone has experienced this or has any knowledge as to how to repair this your help would be much appreciated.

Sadly I will be away in London for the next few days so I will be unable to check anything else out until I get back.

Thank you in advance for your help
    Chas
    "They've got us surrounded again the poor bastards"
    sigpic

First thing to check is fuse on the gun mate as any short will have blown it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Battery fire HELP!!

probably melted the wiring you need to split the gun and maybe the gearbox

Comment

Your best getting your site tech or a player who knows what they are doing have a look , i'm betting you have pulled the wiring apart or off the motor when you yanked it out. I would not worry to much I have had a Tm sopmod in before that the full stock have melted bt the gun was fine and still working to this day
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Great help from all you guys here, where is the fuse located on this gun, and can anyone give me a link to a replacement on zeroone? I took the gun apart a an upper from lower separation level and took the buffer tube off and could not find any torn off wiring apart from that on the battery, which leads me to believe that the fuse blown is the most likely problem.
          Has anyone got any idea how this happened in the first place? As I would hate for it to happen again.
          sigpic

Comment

Ok guys, after taking the gun right apart and not finding any faults I ran the whole wiring system over with a multimeter only to find that the connector into the gun had been melted and the battery was not even making contact (bit of an oversight on my part spending about 5 hours disassembling and reassembling the gearbox lol )
            I have replaced the connectors with a zeroone set and the gun now works fully so I am just down one battery and the £3.00 taken to replace the connectors (thank god it did not fry the gearbox or anything)
            I have put the cause of the fire down to a short within the battery and have run about 400 rounds through I with the other battery supplied.
            Thank you all for your help, and I hope that this can help anyone with a similar problem.
            Chas
            sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Chas Find out more about Chas
            Working...
            X