Stripped Piston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stripped Piston

Ive just had a look at the AOE and it isnt the issue. i believe it is just a bad piston. im going to swap it out and put it back together and see whats happening. Its only got a M100 spring in it. Thanks too everyone who has contibuted to this thread.

Comment

Yep, sounds like a dodgy piston, the longest I've had out of an element piston was a whole 3 hours before ripping itself apart.
      My guarder one lasted 3 years on the same setup, then only broke because I put a really silly battery in on a gun not set for high speed setup.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Laurence, I was only saying it due to the piston looked identical when I suffered from PE in my M4, and I know this as as soon I suck a m105 in it, there were no issues. And yes I do know there new pistons are completely cackle, everyone has been moaning on about them!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Okay guys so piston is the issue. Who uses what piston? Gimme some recommendations.

Oliver

Comment

Lonex pistons are currently one of the best currently on the market.

Comment

Genuine azimuth (think that's it) are just about indestructible if you can find a genuine one.
              I've had good results from guarder ones, my SHS one had an AoE so far off that I couldn't use it.
              I'm currently using an old ICS one for a high speed setup and that's holding up fine.
              1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
              2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Ive been using the element one identical to yours for about 2 years and its been fine with no wear..... hmm, i could reccommend and element duracon, or Ultimate/Lonex, which are currently some of the best on the market as stated above

Comment

Genuine azimuth is the way to go, i had one im my M60, 28rps and i was putting 30 to 35k a day down mine, never had a problem there cheap enough too £10 - £15

Comment

I love the stress test on those Azimuth pistons.

1) Obtain camera.
                    2) mount on tripod.
                    3) find suitable spot on workshop bench.
                    4) Hit with hammer!
                    5) Hit again with hammer!
                    6) Hit a few more times with hammer.
                    7) Repeat steps 4, 5 and 6 for 8 minutes whilst filming.

Comment

i shot the front off a V2 with one in, the gear come back around, and court the rear of the piston, (no aoe) the tooth ripped off the gear instead of ripping the rear of the piston out, this was the single metal tooth one, not the full rack

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

othompson Find out more about othompson
                      Working...
                      X