Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help before i kick the dog please

Not really gunna kick the dog she my baby, but maybe the wifce will get it

Helical gears anyone know a shim guide. Ive got some today and ive shimmed many many flat gear set ups but these no matter what i do seem to grind / lock up with the gearbox open.
    I struggle to close the gearbox with all 3 in and when closed gear wont move.

so im either doing something very wrong or ive got myself some dodgy gears yet again

300% Torque Helical version 6 gearbox ( Tm M1A1 Thompson )

Thanks in advance
    Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Re: Help before i kick the dog please

they may not fit in the thompson gearbox ,i seem to remember they foul the anti reverse catch pivot point,you may need to file the gearbox to fit them.

Comment

Originally posted by dadio View Post
      they may not fit in the thompson gearbox ,i seem to remember they foul the anti reverse catch pivot point,you may need to file the gearbox to fit them.
      Thanks for reply, but i just checked and there is lots of room between spur gear and catch location point.

it only seems to lock up badly when i put the bevel gear in and looks like the spur gear is pushing the bevel gear over a little so its not straight.

makes head spin

Comment

Does it work with the gearbox shut? Helical gears will try and pull themselves left/right due to the angle of the teeth, that may be your issue.
        Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
          Does it work with the gearbox shut? Helical gears will try and pull themselves left/right due to the angle of the teeth, that may be your issue.
          Problem sorted it was indeed the special luck i seem to have and i got a bevel gear which was as striaght as a donkey's back leg

gone back to shop and got some nice more expensive new ones with big discount for my trouble

i do hope my luck starts to get better soon i always seem to get something thats a fault from factory etc. grrr

thanks for replies

Comment

Aww thats crap! You wonder how a bent pinion shaft slipped past QC!
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Originally posted by dave38x View Post
              Aww thats crap! You wonder how a bent pinion shaft slipped past QC!
              Agreed , it must have been a end of day batch on the night the beer was free. :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

mirlock Find out more about mirlock
              Working...
              X