Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a little mosfet advice please

im looking to install a mosfet in my ares l85a2 and am a bit bewildered

not sure if a plug and play unit or a hard wired fet would be best.also looking to put one in my src 416 in time aswel.my sa80 is currently running a 7.4 20c lipo and the 416 has a 11.1 20c lipo on the way.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks all

Re: a little mosfet advice please

Hi

Ive not used a plug and play mosfet before, but i think you cant get the full benefit from them unless hard wired.
    f your running 11.1v lipo i would go hard wired defo to save burning out trigger contacts.
    But it can be done without opening gear box depending what mosfet it is.

Good luck
    Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

As mirlock said hard wired is better, dont need anything fancy just a simple fet unless you want burst features etc.

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

The plug and play ones reduce contact wear by "slow starting" the motor. They increase the power to the motor rapidly from a low level to full-on. This slow-start means trigger response WILL be slower than with no MOSFET.

The Hard-wired units put the power on full straight away, but the motor power doesn't go through the trigger contacts at all. All that goes through the trigger contacts is the small current needed to turn on the MOSFET.
        The lower resistance of the MOSFET, and the instant-on, increases trigger response, rate of fire, AND battery efficiency.
        Some of the microcontroller-type MOSFETs can be made to soft start, but there's no point. All that does is prolong motor life.

In short: Hard wired = good, Plug n play = gimmick.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gchown Find out more about gchown
        Working...
        X