Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess my hop is on the way out? 2nd opinins please

Hi,

Had both my guns playing up last game, (ICS M4 & TM MP5), both working fine, then the range just fell off, bbs literally falling just 5 meter range & sometimes 2 bbs at a time. Tried adjusting them on site with limited succes. Both guns are fairly old, and I guess the hop up on both could do with replacing.

Funny thing is have since adjusted the hop ups and the range seems to be back to normal!

Whats your thought, is it the hop ups or something else maybe?

Thank in advance for your time & advise.

Regards

Paul

Re: I guess my hop is on the way out? 2nd opinins please

Had a simular problem and it was a broken piston spring!
    sigpic

Comment

Does it make a difference if you spray them inside with silicone?
      Just replaced mine for the same reason bb's rolling out,after a squirt that improved for a while temporarily.
      How old are the units mine was about 18 months old,standard and used about 2 x per month.
      If it was a broken spring wouldn't the tone change when firing especially if the ranges were inconsistent?

Comment

Yeh that's what I thought but gave it to the local gun tech who stripped it and it was the spring.
        Range was still the same but fps dropped from 330 to 220! Silicone spray on the hop helped and the gun tech thought it was the hop rubber, quoted for a new.one, then found a broken piston spring?
        sigpic

Comment

usually with a broken spring there is a distinctive sound change,sounds a bit like tappet plate(would be really bad luck to break 2 unless the bb's are crap) but until you strip it......i'd defiantly have a look ,if you just leave it and hope for the best then they are bound to let you down next time out.

Comment

Originally posted by dadio
            ;if you just leave it and hope for the best then they are bound to let you down next time out.
            I must agree,I left mine and kept droping the first bb of every round at about 6 foot.
            Silicone helped but it never cured it,hop rubbers are cheap enough and fairly easy to change.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KillEmAll Find out more about KillEmAll
            Working...
            X