tm sopmod pinon gear stripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tm sopmod pinon gear stripping

Hi there people can anyone give me some advice on why the pinon gear on my tm sopmod has stripped three teeth off.
    The gun it's self as been upgraded through a reputable company which deals in sopmods.
    The gears are now Prometheus with a hi torque motor and various other prometheus parts ,piston, cylinder , cylinder head, m100 spring.Upgraded recoil weight and spring to name but a few , but the other week while skirmishing the pinon gear let go after only it's second trip out after the upgrades were fitted .luckily there was no damage to the gearbox it's self and a standard pinon gear was refitted which it promptly demolished again after only 9 or 10 rounds ??? So a hardened one is on order like the first one which let go was .
    So can anyone please tell me what could be the reason or reasons for such a thing to happen? as I am stuck with what could be wrong.

Re: tm sopmod pinon gear stripping

stripped or snapped 3 teeth off?
    if it keeps doing it then its a shimming issue possibly too tight

Comment

Originally posted by eatthis View Post
      stripped or snapped 3 teeth off?
      if it keeps doing it then its a shimming issue possibly too tight
      Snapped them off , and they fell down and stuck to the hand grip because of the motor magnet

Comment

Sounds like either shimming or motor height, possibly even both.
        Speak to the 'reputable' company, I think I know who you are talking about, if it is they are on this forum.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Hi

Any chance you can add a pic of the pinon gear where its stripped. My guess would be its been shimmed from the spur gear and not enough contact from bevel to pinon gear.
          if your able to shim your self i would reshim startiing from bevel gear so you have full contact from the start.

hope this helps but photo would tell us more
          Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

Originally posted by mirlock View Post
            Hi

Any chance you can add a pic of the pinon gear where its stripped. My guess would be its been shimmed from the spur gear and not enough contact from bevel to pinon gear.
            if your able to shim your self i would reshim startiing from bevel gear so you have full contact from the start.

hope this helps but photo would tell us more
            Sorry no photo as gun is with an engineer but thanks for the info

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bigjoe Find out more about bigjoe
            Working...
            X