Spring for DMR help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring for DMR help?

So I have an SR-25 style rifle with a longer piston.

I have the choice of getting a Guarder SP130 or a Guarder SP140 spring. I want to reach as close as possible to 420-430fps. Due to the longer piston, I need to get a spring that's advertised as slightly more powerful than what I need. Trouble is, I've been hearing mixed things about the power of Guarder springs...some people say that they're overpowered, whilst others say they're underpowered.

So basically, which one do you think I should go for to get as close as possible to 420-430fps?

Thanks!
    sigpic

Re: Spring for DMR help?

id heard more that theyre over powered. BUT, if you get the M140, you can cut a few coils off if needs be.
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Yeah, that's kinda what I'm leaning towards. Thanks
      sigpic

Comment

I had a PDI 120% (not an M120) and that in mine gave 420fps.
        Guarder springs are harder hitting than the others because they are set for .25s, so an M90 is 90mps with a .25, it gives you about 328-330fps in a standard V2 with a shortish barrel and good air seal.
        section 24 of the 1968 Act
        Supplying imitation firearms to minors
        1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
        2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Okay mate, so you'd say I should go for the SP130 (that is meant to give out about 426fps in a normal piston) instead of the M140?
          sigpic

Comment

If its a guarder spring it might work, its so hard to tell with the version 2.5 gearbox.
            section 24 of the 1968 Act
            Supplying imitation firearms to minors
            1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
            2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by Slava View Post
              So I have an SR-25 style rifle with a longer piston.

I have the choice of getting a Guarder SP130 or a Guarder SP140 spring. I want to reach as close as possible to 420-430fps. Due to the longer piston, I need to get a spring that's advertised as slightly more powerful than what I need. Trouble is, I've been hearing mixed things about the power of Guarder springs...some people say that they're overpowered, whilst others say they're underpowered.

So basically, which one do you think I should go for to get as close as possible to 420-430fps?

Thanks!
              Yes they are more powerful. but here is a chart that may help you it helped me.

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/SpringChart.php
              Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Slava Find out more about Slava
              Working...
              X