More mAH= more ROF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More mAH= more ROF?

Recieved a new gun today and was just checking it worked with some batteries i had about, and it seemed that the 2500mAH 8.4v increased the gun's ROF by about 30% compared to the 1500mAh 8.4v i first tried in it. Just out of intrest really, does the mAH of the battery actually affect ROF, or could it just be the fact that perhaps the batteries have different levels of charge or some other factor?

Re: More mAH= more ROF?

some guns it does mate,

the more mAh the battery has the more power it can deliver in one hit to be fair

lipos deliver the power constant after a peak burst on first few shots

a 9.6 3300 will be even faster then your 8.4

Comment

A 9.6v will be faster than an 8.4v, its got more juice to deliver so to speak.
      It's all down to discharge rates.
      I've got a 9.6 1300mah that's fast than my 9.6v 3300mah. The smaller of the 2 surprisingly has the higher discharge rate.
      section 24 of the 1968 Act
      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

the mah is only related to how long it takes to discharge the battery
        the voltage determines rof
        the peak discharge current also dictates rof but afaik that isnt mentioned much on the batteries themselves except lipo

Comment

Peak discharge current is also known as discharge rate(or peak discharge rate in some fields).
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostDivisionAirsoft View Post
            Recieved a new gun today and was just checking it worked with some batteries i had about, and it seemed that the 2500mAH 8.4v increased the gun's ROF by about 30% compared to the 1500mAh 8.4v i first tried in it. Just out of intrest really, does the mAH of the battery actually affect ROF, or could it just be the fact that perhaps the batteries have different levels of charge or some other factor?
            How did you calculate it was about 30% quicker?

Comment

More guesswork than calculation, i might boot up audacity and see the difference.

Comment

I'd wondered if you used a chrono or similar..

Comment

Any difference will be down to the quality of the battery and how well they were charged.
                  Originally posted by Fenriz
                  I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Comment

In terms of airsoft batteries have 3 ratings.

A Voltage, Ah, and C rating.

Even Nimh batteries have a C rating, like LiPos, they're just not listed most of the time.

Basically the higher that amperage a battery can supply, the better. Your gun will only draw so much, so if you go way over then it won't make a difference, but up to the amount your gun is drawing you will see an increase.
                    To find amperage you take Ah and multiply it by C rating. (or mAh x C / 1000)

Voltage will also increase rof, and continue to do so the higher you go.

Comment

C rating is also known as peak discharge rate.

Comment

could just be that the new battery has a tighter fit to your battery connector
                        Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

be careful about using a 9.6 battery. depending on the gun youve bought it could easily mess the internals up. My old AK hated a 9.6 and hit the fan everytime i used it

Comment

Isn't voltage determined as an average throughout the discharge of the battery? Therefore a higher capacity battery has a slightly higher starting voltage. Correct me if I'm wrong...
                            "Unleash just one load into the enemy
                            and be ready to go again straight
                            away... and that doesn't happen very
                            often does it lads!" - ZeroOne

Comment

Voltage is the potential difference between two points

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

GhostDivisionAirsoft I can am grammar Find out more about GhostDivisionAirsoft
                              Working...
                              X