Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m4a1 no power.

Hi guys

After carrying out routine maintenance of the gearbox and hop unit, re-assembled the gun and connected the battery but no life.

I checked the motor connections and the wiring through to the battery connection but looks ok.

This gun started life as a stock JG but has been upgraded since then, dont know if that makes a difference. its wired to the front
    if that helps.

Also checked the battery in my ics L85 but runs that fine so the problem isnt the battery.

Anyone out there have any ideas?

Thanks

Re: m4a1 no power.

Look for a short circuit - probably within the gearbox. Are your motor contacts loose?
    Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Hello mate I have the very same issue with my G&G m4
      I am going to open the body and check for breaks in the wire if there are no breaks then I will open the gearbox and check for pinches there if there is none there I will check I haven't burnt the motor out by making a basic mock up if that is fine then I will clean the trigger connection and see if that works and if no joy there I will rewire it as it may have burnt out the wire
      Hope this helps bud :-)
      Originally posted by bulldoguk
      Short barreled version so I can class it as a CQB right?
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]75861[/ATTACH]

Comment

Your motor may be in too high. Take it out the grip and connect it up, see if it spins. If not, check the wiring and the fuse!
        Edit: also, check that the trigger contacts are contacting!
        -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
        -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

thanks guys will do all that you have suggested.

Cheers again

Comment

This happened to me. Do not take your gun apart yet lol.

I did and went through everything and it was my tamiya connector! Check that first lol might save you a lot of hastle

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jonny View Post
              Hi guys

After carrying out routine maintenance of the gearbox and hop unit, re-assembled the gun and connected the battery but no life.

I checked the motor connections and the wiring through to the battery connection but looks ok.

This gun started life as a stock JG but has been upgraded since then, dont know if that makes a difference. its wired to the front
              if that helps.

Also checked the battery in my ics L85 but runs that fine so the problem isnt the battery.

Anyone out there have any ideas?

Thanks

i dont know if you fixed it yet so ill just add to list of test to do.

Remove battery

1. remove motor and put a battery on it and see if it spins as you can get dirty brushes and the motor will refuse to turn unless its given a twist.

2. if motor spins get a ohm meter and check if there is a short from the motor side of both wires and both wires to the gun body.

3. much the same as above but do it from battery side

4. place one end of meter to motor connector and one of same colour wire battery end then pull trigger (try both but trigger should be on Red wire).
              if you get a reading and all the other tests are clear then its not your gun electrics.

5. with motor out place a small screw driver in the gearbox and release the tension on the anti reversal catch, when done try and move the bevel gear ( the one that touches the motor) you should be able to turn it a little before the spring makes it too hard. If ok release tension again from anti reversal catch.
              6. if all of the above seem to be ok try putting motor in again and test, if it moves a little then stops it may be time to open gear box but only as last resort, Make sure battery used is ok and fully charged.

hope this helps if not let me know what the results were and ill help out
              Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

Hi guys

Seem to have found the problem.
                Looks like the motor has packed in.

Thanks for all the help and advise!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jonny After a Few years away from the hobby, back and enjoying it more than ever! But my bank account HURTS! Find out more about jonny
                Working...
                X