Upgrading an M4's Internals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Upgrading an M4's Internals

Oh another thing, GR16 uses a different gearbox if its the blowback? So standard metal bodies wont fit

Comment

A few people have said that.

But i'm not so sure, the piston ontop is quite small, and I think it'll fit in any body.

Comment

Originally posted by bravotwozero View Post
        A few people have said that.

But i'm not so sure, the piston ontop is quite small, and I think it'll fit in any body.
        has anyone tried it on a new metal body yet? as im also very interested in a metal body when im registered.

iAndersonsxX, I have just revieved my short tight bore barrel from madbull which is 6.03mm in diametre, its going in my GR16 when my short outer barrel arrives (converting mine to cqb). I will try to let you know how it performs after testing (if my gun doesn't die from overheat b4 it gets here).

I've also got a Systema hop up bucking thats awaiting the outer barrel... I've decided to keep the original Hop Up unit, although its plastic I've been told it performs ok... will let you know how it feels when its all done and ready.

Comment

Originally posted by iAndersonzxX View Post
          Cheers

Just wondering what size tightbore barrel I should go for. I have looked to see if I could find the correct size but I cant sorry. Anyone have any idea's about what length it would be for an M4? 300mm?

EDIT: Doesnt matter, it has a 510mm Barrel.
          If you start changing the length of a barrel you need to then look at changing the cylinder type to a non ported cylinder other wise there isn't enough air in the system to push the BB out or there is too much and it puts a strain on your internals (it does get very technical)..

I put a 469mm barrel in my GR16 and had to change from ported to non ported and then back again when I removed it.

All you need, as many have said is a 363 mm tightbore barrel and a new bucking and nub, leave it at that..

PS- the GR16 has a one piece hop up
          DJ AoS
          HIT Team -****** ***** Woodland
          Gunless

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

iAndersonzxX FIT. Find out more about iAndersonzxX
          Working...
          X