Ics motor issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ics motor issues

Ok I bought an ics m4 as a base rifle for my diemaco project a while back and iv got issue, I'm new to ics and want to know if anyone that knows there ics's better than me can help.

Basically after I got it (new) I started work on the project and it never fired a round till I was done, one of the mods I did was to fit a storm grip. It seems that the ics don't like the storm grip and it rejects it's motor (standard ics 3000), by that I mean you think it's set up ok but within a few 100 rounds it spits it out and it wont connect, then the pistol grip needs taking off and re fitting befor the motor will fit again. I guessed the ics (being out and unique everywhere elce) didnt like the storm grip. I bought a mag pull moe grip to get over this and tried again...the same problem, the motor just dosnt fit right, I even tried a mauri motor and its the same deal.

Iv checked all the gears and the bevel has been chewed up quite a bit but not enough to stop the motor seating. I even put the stock pistol grip and motor back in place but it wouldn't engage, the adjustment in the plate wasn't enough.

Are ics gears at a slightly different angle to normal and that's why an after Market grip wouldn't fit right?, should I change all the gears to another brand and try again?

It's also developed a miss fire on single to, where the selector is set to single and it will full auto if the triggers pulled slowly ? (I havnt looked into this yet, just want to know if the ics does anything that can develop this)

Cheers

Re: Ics motor issues

Pulling the trigger slowly in semi auto will allow it to fire full auto as the cutoff lever doesn't function until the trigger is fully pulled back.
    Have you actually adjusted the screw on the base plate for the storm grip? It sounds more like you are putting the motor in and it holds itself under friction.
    section 24 of the 1968 Act
    Supplying imitation firearms to minors
    1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
    2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

the trigger issue is more aggresive than that, if its pulled very quickly it will engage but any slower gives me full auto, just wonderd are ics prone to failing like that. anyway the big issue is the motor seating, yeah i was worried that it was friction holding the motor but iv tested multipul grips and motors now, and cant get it to seat right. iv been reading and people say that you shouldnt change the pistol grip on an ics as it will cause the motor to eat the bevel gear, is that right?

if so is there anything that can be done to stop it, like replacing all the gears with non ics ones, or is it more to do with the angle of engagement with the ics. because thats my next step i think to try and get this sorted, ill just get a new bevel, spur and sector and fit the new grip and non ics motor again.

Comment

Well iv learned a valuable ics lesson, not fiddle with the pistol grip.

I stripped and cleaned the gear box, replaced the bevel gear with a non ics and using a no ics motor I tried again with the moe grip...nothing. I put the stock pistol grip back and it works.

It seems to be that the motor is almost to long and won't ever seat right unless you us the stock grip, the grip must be longer.

Has any ics owner ever managed to get round all this?, a shorter motor maybe?

Comment

A guy sent me this when i was looking for what rails would fit on my ICS also has some info on grips i think.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums...?topic=93066.0

At the bottom is a link to an excel compatibility matrix so you can see what fits. This thread is a bit old but it's a good starting point.

Comment

Thanks A lot buddy, having read through it, it does seem to be my pistol grip set up, I guess iv got no choice for now but to run it stock, until I can either mod the motor or try a short type.

Comment

With the grip, keep it ICS. ICS do make an MTS pistol grip for the M4 as I've got it and its very nice. Only £9 if you have a google
              I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HEXAS 25, male Find out more about HEXAS
              Working...
              X