Cyma m14 not firing on semi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyma m14 not firing on semi

As it says in the title m cyma m14 is not firing on semi automatic but fires fine on full auto , any ideas on how to fix it ?

Re: Cyma m14 not firing on semi

semi auto cut off lever is worn ,common fault on m14 gearboxes, i think garder do a steel replacement
    m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

Do you have any idea where you can get the semi-auto cut-off lever? And is it even possible to find a G&G M14cut-off lever in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackinator View Post
        Do you have any idea where you can get the semi-auto cut-off lever? And is it even possible to find a G&G M14cut-off lever in the UK?
        go onto the G&G website, get the part number, email them, they will sell you and ship you one,

Comment

you said it was a cyma m14 not a g&g, the g&g has a totally different gearbox.
          m14/l1a1/thompson/sten/sig552/kac pdw/svd/l85a2/mp40/m16vn/car15/type56/mac10/scorpion/m79/m1 carbine/m60vn/stoner63/vfc bar/xm177e2/grease gun/ar57/m1911/uzi/aksu/mp5 b&t/ppsh41/mpl/diy sog rpd/acm m500/galil/

Comment

No, Debbietack's was a CYMA, but I didn't want to post up a new thread when there was a very similar one already here.

Comment

Many thanks guys , think I might of messed it up when I soldered the motor back on to it all looks like I'll be getting a cut off lever in my stocking this year

Comment

Originally posted by Jackinator View Post
                Other than going straight to G&G, the forum rules don't allow mention or links to other retailers. The only possible answer is Google, this time it is most certainly your friend.
                I have seen them for sale in the UK in the past. Z1 might even have them.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Okay , so after looking at all the comments and deciding it was the cut off lever I decided to swap the cut off lever from the m14 which only fires on full with the one from my m14 socom which is locked up (but fired on semi fine before this) and nothing happened , not a thing when i pulled the trigger. I'm 99% certain I had I all back together right. Is ther anything else that could be causing it and I heard a MOSFET could fix it , am I correct in saying this ? Many Kanin advance Debbie

- - - Updated - - -

Okay , so after looking at all the comments and deciding it was the cut off lever I decided to swap the cut off lever from the m14 which only fires on full with the one from my m14 socom which is locked up (but fired on semi fine before this) and nothing happened , not a thing when i pulled the trigger. I'm 99% certain I had I all back together right. Is ther anything else that could be causing it and I heard a MOSFET could fix it , am I correct in saying this ? ManY thanks in advance Debbie

Comment

The original issue is almost certainly the cut off lever, they are terrible on TM and it's clone M14s... the Guarder Steel replacement is a long lasting fix though.

If the weapon is now not firing at all and not even making any sort of sound when you try and pull the trigger then it sounds like you have caused an issue within the electrical system while you had the rifle dissasembled. I would hazard a guess that the issue is with the selector as this is the area you've been fussing with. If it's not obvious start at the back and work forwards. Check the battery, fuse, wiring loom etc. There are plenty of bits that you could have disturbed, be methodical and rule out one at a time.

EDIT - Don't go chucking a Mosfet in there until you've sorted your other issues. A FET can't replace the cut off lever and it likely wont cure any issues you may have caused during your previous "repair".
                    Last edited by CHIFF_MoA; 19 January, 2013, 18:34. Reason: Blether about Mosfets

Comment

You might have not put the contacts back correctly.
                      You shouldnt need to go into the gearbox to change the cutoff lever, V7 boxes are externally fitted.

Could have also damaged a wire going to the motor when you put it back in the stock.
                      section 24 of the 1968 Act
                      Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                      1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                      2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

They are 2 different guns , I have a cyma m14 (long barrel) and a m14 socom , the m14 socom was already not working when I tried switching the cut off lever. The socom makes a small no ice but doesn't seem to do anything after like it is locked up and the long version is the one with the semi auto issue. (I like m14's)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Debbietack Find out more about Debbietack
                        Working...
                        X