Reducing Trigger Travel on version 2 box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reducing Trigger Travel on version 2 box

hi have used the search function but with no clear answer i decided to start a thread, does anyone have any methods of shortening the trigger travel on a version 2 gearbox? pics also would be great! ive installed a ASCU mosfet but the trigger travel is really bothering me now!

thanks
    Mitch

I shim the rear of the trigger, the portion that rests on the gearbox with the end of a cable tie attached with super glue.

Comment

Re: Reducing Trigger Travel on version 2 box

good idea that my only concern is if that works its way loose and ends up floating around inside the box? how long have you ran the gun like that for?
      Mitch

Comment

On my raptor mosfets I use a Speed adjustable trigger, trigger pull is very short now

Comment

Done around 5 not had any problems, make sure you use good quality rubber/plastic loctite not stuff from the pound shop;-)

Comment

happyal, would you say its worth the hefty price tag for a trigger? and pics of it installed? it looks like a great concept but does it really give you a major improvement? ive read of people only gaining about a 1mm of travel with it....
            Mitch

Comment

Difficult to say if they are worth the cost, for me I would say yes because I think they look cool and they give me a hair trigger, you can make it so the slightest touch of the trigger will fire. You can do get the same results with a normal AEG trigger quick easily.

I have some pictures of it in a gearbox (below). In these pictures it's not set up yet.

Comment

ok thanks, may give one a go as im still not to keen on sticking bits of platic or whatever in my gearbox that could potentially work loose and do more damage than good...
                Mitch

Comment

Happyal, how tight is the thread on that speed trigger? I was thinking of buying one myself, wouldn't want it to loosen after use for that price, and is it a common thread size? so that it could be replaced with a longer one if desired.
                  For Sale
                  Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

Originally posted by Vex View Post
                    Happyal, how tight is the thread on that speed trigger? I was thinking of buying one myself, wouldn't want it to loosen after use for that price, and is it a common thread size? so that it could be replaced with a longer one if desired.
                    So far the grub screw hasn't move a bit on any of my 3 different ones., and yes the grub screw is a common size so you could replace it if you wanted.

Comment

i take it with the raptor mosfet its similar to the ascu where as you could screw it all the way in so the trigger is just off the little button\micro switch?
                      Mitch

Comment

Originally posted by frostyairsofter View Post
                        i take it with the raptor mosfet its similar to the ascu where as you could screw it all the way in so the trigger is just off the little button\micro switch?
                        Yes, just the same. The trigger is just a micro switch.

Comment

Originally posted by happyal View Post
                          So far the grub screw hasn't move a bit on any of my 3 different ones., and yes the grub screw is a common size so you could replace it if you wanted.
                          Ok thanks, just have to find one cheaper than £20 now...
                          For Sale
                          Madbull Landmine / Black Hellstorm Gloves / DPM South African Assault Vest

Comment

What is the exact name of these triggers for search purposes ;-)

Comment

SPEED M4/M16 Tunable Trigger,

I have the manufacturers website, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here or not.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

frostyairsofter Used to be a multicam addict! Now i run low drag and simple... Find out more about frostyairsofter
                              Working...
                              X