L85 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L85 help

Bought an electric l85 other week as my first real decent gun after getting ukara, Not from zero one but from a shop in Huddersfield, anyways I have afew questions

1) my hopup seems to to be shooting my bullets upwards even on full?? Because its new I was told to fire it a lot to bed the hopup in?? Wile hopup half way??
    I use .2 bbs normal weight.. Should I purchase a new hopup nub or bed it in for afew games??

2) I'm having a hard time trying to get my handle off?? The screws are very tight??? Umm?? Anyone else had this problem?? I didn't want to round the screws off??

3) I've bought an ACOG sight x magnified x4 and I was told I would need a special type of rail?? Because when handle is taken off its only compatible with a susat?? Anyone know what these are called and where I can get one?? I've been told **** ******* have them?? I want the rail to be raised for my ACOG so when wearing full face I can see through it??

Hope I posted in right section and hope you can help, thanks

Rob
    And from saint Peter he will tell!! one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell..

You need a dovetail to 20 mm adapter rail. That's provided your acog is a 20mm rail.

Comment

Re: L85 help

Ok thanks ill google it.. My ACOG fits a 20mm rail,or standard rail..
      And from saint Peter he will tell!! one more soldier reporting sir, I've served my time in hell..

Comment

Should be a 20mm rail. Zero one is selling one atm though for the afghan spec you'll need the rail with the riser on. Happy hunting

Comment

Originally posted by Rory4657 View Post
          Should be a 20mm rail. Zero one is selling one atm though for the afghan spec you'll need the rail with the riser on. Happy hunting
          I see ok.. The rail that the handle connects too?? If I take the handle off Does the rail that I buy connect to the rail already on?? As its only for susat?? And do you have a link?? I can't seem to find in the shop I did look other day..

Cheers and sorry for the newbish questions I've not been playing airsoft long..

Comment

No probs. when you take the handle off there is the rail underneath. The adaptor should fit straight on top and then on goes the ACOG. I have an LSW with a susat so it slotted straight on but my team mates are running afghan spec L85s.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=2501

This is the standard rail

Comment

In relation to the mounting of a raised ACOG I don't think the product that Rory is talking about is what you are after. Zero One do sell an adapter that turns the otherwise proprietry L85 rail into a 20mm here:

It's a good little adapter (I know because I have one on my L85) since it allows you to mount any sort of 20mm sight, handle, etc. on there, but it won't raise the ACOG and it's also not the sort of rail that the UK Forces are currently using; that would be the one that looks like this:

It connects straight to the top of the L85 and the ACOG slides in.
              Last edited by Longshot; 16 December, 2012, 15:49. Reason: More detail
              102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Thanks Longshot, I did mention that one, just couldn't find it on Zero one. It looks 100 times better with the raised rail

Comment

[QUOTE=Longshot;1102628]In relation to the mounting of a raised ACOG I don't think the product that Rory is talking about is what you are after. Zero One do sell an adapter that turns the otherwise proprietry L85 rail into a 20mm here:

It's a good little adapter (I know because I have one on my L85) since it allows you to mount any sort of 20mm sight, handle, etc. on there, but it won't raise the ACOG and it's also not the sort of rail that the UK Forces are currently using; that would be the one that looks like this:

What is this rail called?? Link?? I'm guessing to fit the ACOG you have to unscrew it from the original ACOG rail it comes with?? To attach it to the higher rail??

Also you won't need to buy any other rail just the ACOG raiser that raises it and connects straight to the l85 rail??

Comment

No idea what its 'proper name' is (and can't link to other retailers on here) but I googled 'L85 ACOG mount.'

And yes, the raiser just connects straight onto the L85's own rail (once you remove the carry handle). I know that because I got one with my L85 when I bought it second hand, but I don't own/like ACOGs so I've never used it. Come to think of it, if you can't find one elsewhere give me a shout and I'll sell you mine since I doubt I'll ever want an ACOG on my L85 so I'll never actually use it!
                    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Think it's called a hornbill riser.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Commandoo Typical lad, gym, work, fashion, music Find out more about Commandoo
                      Working...
                      X