VFC Scar L gearbox advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFC Scar L gearbox advice

I recently bought a VFC Scar L on this forum and was told the pinion gear needed replacement as it was worn, so i tried a couple of motors one being brand new and it keeps making a loud WHIRR-ing noise

I am wondering what type of gearbox is in this and can i buy a gearbox online that would be ready assembled and i can just put into this? I can't get into the gearbox due to a annoying 0.9mm hex key that no one seems to have..

Cheers
    Samsung galaxy note 10.1 tablet PC for sale, cash trades or part ex welcome hyperlink below:

Click here

Re: VFC Scar L gearbox advice

Have you tried adjusting the motor height? There will be a screw/hex screw at the bottom of the pistol grip which will adjust the height of the motor.
    IF YOU HAVE ANY L7A2 GPMG PARTS FOR SALE PLEASE MESSAGE ME

Comment

V2, but you'll need to strip it to bits and swap over the proprietary VFC scar L bits. And it probably wont work as well.

Just take the motor to a shop and get them to pop a new pinion on it.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

maplins have the annoyingly small allen keys in a set for around £3, the reason for the gears being loud is that some numb nutts in vfc decided to give the beautiful gun self shimming gears, also when you go into the gearbox, you can release the anti reversal latch from the left hand side as there is a small window for doing so and change the wire to decent wire! the wire fails very early on because it breaks inside, apart from that the internals aren't too bad!
        PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Karlled Find out more about Karlled
        Working...
        X