Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a mosfet guide.

Hi, im looking for someone to point me in the right direction on how to
    mosfet an Tm M4a1, its front wired if that makes any differences.

Thanks
    B&T MP5SD5

Re: Looking for a mosfet guide.

What MOSFET you got?

Comment

I havent, i have no idea on the subject, so i need to know, what to get and how to do it lol
      B&T MP5SD5

Comment

I see :D

Check out: http://extreme-fire.com/

(Note to mods, they only sell mofsets. Something Zero One don't.)

I've spoken to the guy recently, and he is a great chap. Everything is open source, and all the help on here to how to install etc.

What you running it on? And what's the reason for the mosfet? I can help point you at the right kind of one to choose if you like.

Comment

What do you mean by running it on? Do you need to be running on lipo batterys? The reason for it is that, i heard it gives a better trigger response and i like upgrading my gun lol.
          B&T MP5SD5

Comment

Well.... lol.

There are a number of reasons somebody might want to stick in a mosfet. The most common is for high voltage battery and high rate of fire set ups.

I personally didn't think there was an awful lot of different in response between when I added a mosfet to my 8.4v battery set up. I believe you can start to see some snappier responses with a 9.6v battery.

That being said, the best responses come from lipo batteries. Unlike the nihm's used in most guns, they are much better at providing a big spike of power when the motor/gears go from sitting still to spinning. Problem being, with lipo it will increase the rate of fire quite a lot normally. Which is going to give problems on a stock set up, if not straight away, it will wear quicker.

What I've done (or doing!) is get a 11.1v lipo battery. But using the SW-Panther mosfet you can reduce the rate of fire, and the guy who makes them can install a separate piece of software on there which gives full power to the first shot, but then on the rest brings it down to give a less gearbox crunching rate of fire.

That mosfet cost £50 to the UK, plus a lipo charger at £25 from ebay and a 11.1v battery for the same price. So all in, £100 could get you some super fast response.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SA-80_DUDE25 Find out more about SA-80_DUDE25
            Working...
            X