P90 AOE Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 AOE Problems?

Yesterday I managed to kill two pistons with a day. Ripped the back tooth off both. I've taken the gearbox apart, and I suspect the angle of engagement might be incorrect.

This is how it looks with piston number 3:

From what I think I know, it should really be more like this:

I'll be removing the 2nd and half of 3rd tooth. Going to be around 20-25/sec set up.

So can anybody confirm the correct aoe, and how would I space it to get there? Where I currently think is too big a spacer for the screw to go through the piston end, through a spacer and into the actual head.

Re: P90 AOE Problems?

AoE correction would be advised upwards of 25rps, but the type of piston is also just as important, a brittle polycarb piston like the majority on the market just won't cut it for reliability, they simply do not hold up as well against minor engagement timing issues, and some even the initial impact when the piston is already fully at rest. The brittle Polycarbs will be almost as useless at speed, even with AoE issues corrected.
    As you are probably already aware, you will need to match your spring rate to the target ROF in order to keep the piston in time.

TM, Prometheus, SuperCore or Stormtech will be the best bet with AoE Corrections.

Often because of the size of the spacer required, the stock screw isnt big enough. A cheap trip down to the hardware store will sort that issue out.

Edit:
    It is very rare to have the back ends of the TMs ripped off, even without the AoE Corrections. I suggest doing the AoE Mod, if that fails, we will have to be looking at something else.
    Last edited by sj_asc; 17 January, 2010, 13:24.
    dsgdreamteam

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

jagillham Find out more about jagillham
    Working...
    X