Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitting a Mk18 rail to a tm sopmod

Hi guys

Looking to fit a DD Mk18 rail system to my Marui Sopmod, and before I commit to the purchase I was wondering if there will be any problems in doing this?

Cheers

Re: Fitting a Mk18 rail to a tm sopmod

Should be ok ive seen loads with them fitted they fit my g&p and i believe the thread for the barrel nut is the same, youll need a low profile gas block to fit the gas tube though
    Custom g&p mk18 mod1 cqb------tm glock 17 custom------king arms sig 556 shorty------tm tactical master berreta m9------magpul pts masada------WA gbb m4a1------WE sig P226R------KWA mp9A3------tm p226 e2------kwa mp7a1------systema ptw L119A1.

Comment

Thanks for the reply mate, forgot about the gas block .

Comment

might want to invest in some shims too to pad out the possible gap between the barrel nut and receiver.

Comment

What sort of shims are you talking about mate? What do you recommend?

Comment

You could just use the outside of some electical wiring or a large o ring or washer but it really should fit fine without the need to pack it out, jus use a bit of silicon spray on the barrel nut to help it go on smoother.

Comment

Fair enough, now I just have to wait for the damn thing to arrive!

Comment

Sorry to hijack guys, similar situation, but I was thinking of putting on a 9 inch Larue rail on a tm cqbr, is it possible and is there a make that fits best as I know of at least 2 I think?!

Cheers

Comment

I have a clone Larue 7" that is being fitted as we speak by a friend. When I tried it did fit ok, but would have been better if I used some shims and a decent armourers tool

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HS.Bedford Find out more about HS.Bedford
                  Working...
                  X