Do you need a fused gearbox?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you need a fused gearbox?

I've just rewires a friends TM M4 gearbox from the front to the back and added a RIS and crane stock. The wires have a fuse but I carnt seem to fit it in the crane stock. My Dboys M4 crane stock dosent seem to have a fuse so do I need it in the TM? The new crane stock also came with a 10.8v battery if that makes any difference. I've read some of the previous posts but some more help please.
    Over 150 positive sales & trades on this and other forums!

Re: Do you need a fused gearbox?

it will work without the fuse.

BUt you'll then have no circuit protection. which is quite bad. nay, very bad. if a bit of water, or metal gets in and shorts a connection, it'll damage the motor.

find out the rating of said fuse, and hunt for smaller alternatives. or, if you have some spare wire, snip it out, and place it somewhere else along that length of wire it was on.

Comment

Most of mine don't. If there's a short (and if it damages the motor), hey-ho - I'll just replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
        Most of mine don't. If there's a short (and if it damages the motor), hey-ho - I'll just replace it.

or theres panoptes option. just becarefull with it. and maybe carry a spare motor?

admitttedly, i dont even own a gun yet. (but i will do in about 3 weeks).

Comment

What fuse size would people suggest for AEGs with no fuse?

ie...to add a fuse into the circuit.
          Happiness is a state of mind. It therefore follows that the source of happiness must lay within the mind.

Comment

20amp, unless you have an expensive current drawing motor, then I'd go 30amp.

Comment

All my AEg's are fuseless..............have to take in consideration your set up.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simon Find out more about simon
              Working...
              X