Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Seal Nozzle O-Rings - Replacement

Hi all,

I'm in need of a replacement o-ring for the air seal nozzle on my Star L85. It's fitted with the later stainless steel nozzle that Ares sell, the standard Star one doesn't have the o-ring.

The o-ring I have is broken, part of it is missing and this is causing a fairly substantial air leak between the cylinder head and air nozzle. I've tried to swap in an o-ring from a spare Guru Arms nozzle that I had lying about, but it's slightly too thick (as the outside diameter of the Guru Nozzle is slightly larger) and so the friction on the cylinder head is too much for the tappet plate to move it back and forth (even greased up).

What I'm wondering is if there's a standard size for these? I notice Systema sell a replacement o-ring, but obviously it would be a punt in the dark to see whether it fitted or not.

I'm gonna try the local hardware stores and gun shops in the meantime to see if they have anything, but I'm not hopeful. I'm guessing it's metric.

Any help much appreciated.

Re: Air Seal Nozzle O-Rings - Replacement

Ok no matter, I got around that issue by installing a slightly stronger tappet plate spring that I nicked out of an old CA M15A4 I have lying about in bits.

Works great, feeds fine. I'm not sure the range is what it should be, and the hop up doesn't seem very effective. But it's been a year or two since the AEG has been in working order so I can't really remember what normal performance was supposed to be.

Will have to borrow a chrono and see what it's firing at and go from there. At least then I'll know if it's at the right FPS and there's an issue with the hop, or of it's just not putting out the right power.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Retroanaconda Find out more about Retroanaconda
    Working...
    X