Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lipos noob

Yeah yet more questions.
    In July I got a psg1 and proceeded to use a 11.1 Lipos in it on the 2nd night of back garden plinking it stopped working like a jam I haven't had the time to look at it till now but before I do I wanted to know if it was possible the Lipos caused it to fail?
    I will put a link in to the thread for a list of its upgrades.

Also I was considering using the Lipos in my other guns but not sure how they would handle it they are
    Ca sr25
    A&k M249
    Tm FAMAS

Thanks for any advise and help!
    BTW I only got the lipo with the psg1 as my gf got me it as a surprise and I hadn't heard of them before.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    sigpic

Re: Lipos noob

It's generally inadvisable to use higher than a 7.4 LiPo in standard gearboxes.

Comment

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?p=1010527

Psg1 thread

Ah thanks so I should invest in a lower power one to be on the safe side
      sigpic

Comment

As I understand it, an 11 will increase trigger response 'ever so slightly' (read: unnoticeable) but they mainly increase ROF (and shag unprepared gearboxes).

Comment

I will be getting some 7.4 then for future reference though mate, what would be the upgrades you would class as musts before you would confidently run on 11.1v. Not desperate for better ROF just I already have 2 11.1's.

sigpic

Comment

You need to guarantee that the wiring is thick enough, preferrably fit a mosfet to stop arcing corroding your trigger contacts, and you need to make sure your gearbox can handle the increased rate of fire.
            Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

the reason your psg1 probably jammed is because of pre engagement. The piston had started to move forward because of the spring compression as the gear had started to make another rotation caused by the increase of ROF.

Lipos are just batteries, theres nothing scary or mind bending about them, they deliver a stored charged to an object that uses said energy.

a 7.4v lipo gives the performance of between an 8.4 and a 9.6 NIMH battery. Now the higher the capacity of the lipo along with its discharge rate can also have a dramatic effect on the ROF of a gun.

for example a 7.4v 5000mah 20c battery can give a constant 100Amp discharge, where as a 11.1v 1500 10c lipo will only give 15Amp constant discharge, which could cause a bottle neck in your gun, as the motors peak draw maybe say 20amp ect.

Now rule of thumb, yeas a 11.1v will give a high ROF than a 7.4v.. BUT as explain above its not always that cut an dry.

That and all TM guns gears are mate of cheese (due to Tokyo power regulations and stopping upgrading ect..) so if you want a high rof TM gun youll need more that just a good shim job.

Comment

Thanks for all the info mate I am defo not ROF hungry I'm just a noob collector looking for a bat that isn't underpowered at the moment !

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PLAYGOD Find out more about PLAYGOD
                Working...
                X