cyma m14 socom firing issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cyma m14 socom firing issue

Hi guys, i wanted to take my m14 out today to test my new scope, so i connected a battery to check it had charge in it. As soon as it was connected the gun came on full auto until i disconnected it. I have also noticed that the trigger seems to have less reistance when you pull it. Also, the gun was in safe mode when i did this
    thanks in advance

Re: cyma m14 socom firing issue

sounds like trigger contacts are stuck and or trigger contact spring is broken
    Dont Eat What You Cant Fry

Comment

Either a new trigger mech could be needed, or clean the crap off your current ones might do it.
      Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
      Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
      Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
      Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

cheers guys, i will give it a go

Comment

How long have you had the M14? My own cyma had this problem after about 6 months. The trigger connections had arced, eroded and jammed. Had to clean them off with a file then fit a mosfet to try and keep it from happening again. I suspect they were a bad fit to start with.

Comment

Personally owned it for about 2 months and only used it once but i bought it second hand so i have no idea how old it is

- - - Updated - - -

Baz, did you find it difficult to dissassemble the gun after the trigger contacts had arced because i cannot for the life if me seem to be able to get the trigger group out.

Comment

Not particularly but I know they were a bit over zealous with the thread lock when I got mine. Just take it easy on the screw heads and use a lot of photo and video reference, label everything and keep the screws safe.

Comment

just take off the stock and you should be able to clearly see the trigger switch on the left hand side, it will be very apparant if the spring is broken or if the male contact is stuck
                PM me if you're looking for S-ARMS M4 mags

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TastySniper Just another easy going airsofter Find out more about TastySniper
                Working...
                X