Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

347fps and TK Twist Barrel - good enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 347fps and TK Twist Barrel - good enough?

My gun currently shoots at 345-7fps with a TK Twist barrel installed. Is that close enough to the TK sweet spot of 330fps for optimal accuracy, or should I roll up my sleeves and start tuning the FPS? I really don't want to have to do that--FPS tuning is incredibly tedious--but at the same time I am wondering whether it's possible to get much more out of my gun. Thanks!

Re: 347fps and TK Twist Barrel - good enough?

You should know if it is ok or not, all the hype with those barrels should have you out ranging all other guns except 500fps snipers.

Wouldn't pay the extra money for one myself.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I personally could never see them being that effective, a tb or standard barrel was always sufficient. Also theyre something silly like 6.10mm.......
      sigpic

Comment

TK barrels are 6.04mm. As for it being "ok or not", yeah the gun shoots fine currently, but that's the thing about airsoft--fine is never good enough, is it?

I will say that the accuracy is currently great for skirmish, although untested at a proper range. Damn student life and the inability to have a huge backyard away from neighbors afraid to have their eyes shot out.

Is there anybody here with actual experience with a TK Twist?

Comment

Well, you already know the optimum the FPS is supposed to sit at.
          The TK twist barrel is very very fussy with FPS. Too little and its just a tight bore, to much and you get a rather interesting effect that massively hits the accuracy.
          Range doesn't improve at all, the accuracy is also at times a little hit and miss, some have it great, others not so much.
          section 24 of the 1968 Act
          Supplying imitation firearms to minors
          1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
          2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Originally posted by CacklingHawk View Post
            TK barrels are 6.04mm.
            Thats without measuring the grooves cut in for the air flow to "cushion" the bb. I always was under the impression the 1joule mark was the sweet spot for those barrels.
            sigpic

Comment

I have a tk twist on my g&g t418
              Its around the 310fps mark.
              I personally really enjoy it, the flightpath is straight and appears much more efficient than standard tb in my other rifles.

Comment

have a m4 length tk twist in my m4 alongside a firefly bucking. I find to get the best out of it, it should be shooting sub 1J, and closer to 300-310 rather than 330 ish
                Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Agreed on above. Have a sig 552 with a 300mm TK Twist, shooting around 300-310 with a .2. Get very good results out of it even with .25s - the thing to get is the energy, as long as it's around abouts 1J

Comment

I'm sure that a TK twist barrel is not a tight bore, it's more like a 6.08. I always loss a little fps when I install them, and I have quite a few.

I use a TK twist barrel with a 350 fps gun, and I have not problems with it. I would say that it's not better or worse that most other types of barrel's. I just buy them because I think they are cool.

There is alot of weird information about them on the web. People saying that they are super awesome and will out range anything, not in my experience. People say they are super fussy with fps, again, not in my experience.

Comment

At least you can fire you gun held sideways and not have to worry about the hop up effects!
                      Glad to know what they work well around the 300-310fps mark, was getting worried and thinking about upgrading my spring.
                      Good advice here.

It's a very consistent barrel in my experience, not having to deal with hop up to hit a target is very desirable for me.

Comment

The TK Twist still uses a hop :/ The twist does not impart a spin on the bb at all, just allows a vortex of air to 'cushion' the bb as it passes through the barrel.

Comment

Yeah i understand that it still "uses" the hop, but the hop up effects are not as apparent.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

CacklingHawk Be strong, be fast, don't be too serious Find out more about CacklingHawk
                          Working...
                          X