MP5K upgrade queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP5K upgrade queries

Hi guys, i have recently opened up my tokyo marui mp5k to adjust the shims so that my new shs high torque motor would work properly. Having opened it i have realised that the piston is not making a very good airseal with the cylinder and that the cylinder head is not fitting into the cylinder very well or tightly. I would like to replace these parts with some new/ better ones but i have no idea about which brands would be best suited for my setup which will be running between 25rps and 30rps when i put some more things in the gun. Like i say i just want to replace the piston (preferably with a lightweight one for high speed) and the cylinder head (would i need to replace the cylinder too so they are the same brand?) I may also consider changing the air nozzle if it will make much of a difference. Also is it worth changing to ball bearings instead of the standared metal bushings?

Thanks in advance guys.
    For sale:

-Splitting M4
    -MP5 Parts
    -MP7a1
    -M9 Magazine

Aright I asked same question while back if you view my old posts you will see it think it's under rapid mp5k but can't remember but if you look through my old posts you will find it as someone posted a lot of good info including a parts list hope it helps I would stick up a link but using iPhone and not surf if I can

Comment

Re: MP5K upgrade queries

thanks mate i appreciate that.

Does anyone have any experience with the element piston, piston heads and cylinder heads because i cannot find anyone who seems to have used them but they seem to be very good from descriptions and looks?
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

id just replace the oring on the piston and cylinder head.. stock parts are fine.
        i made my mate a 2400rpm mp5k, will all standard parts bar gears and bushings.
        expensive parts dont gain performance, proper assembly and maintenance comes first. i only ever replace stock for stock in guns, unless its a reaccuring issue where theres a weak link.

Comment

ok i think i will just replace the cylinder head and the piston head they done cost that much to do which makes would be best to buy from- are element ok?
          For sale:

-Splitting M4
          -MP5 Parts
          -MP7a1
          -M9 Magazine

Comment

mine had a poor airseal around there too....... i just wrapped ptfe tape around the cylinderhead o ring until it was tight in the cylinder......

Comment

The only thing with them is if I remember, mine every now and then used to make a strange noise. Kind of kerrrlluunnk down to only having two locations on the Bevel gear to engage the ARL, then unwinding from over spin. That would also be determined on what battery you use. Mine had a EG1000 motor and a large 9.6, oh fond memories back in the day....lol.
              Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

anyone have any experience with element cylinder and piston heads?
                For sale:

-Splitting M4
                -MP5 Parts
                -MP7a1
                -M9 Magazine

Comment

I've used both element cylinder and piston heads, pretty good bits of kit.
                  Tbh though i'd go down the ptfe route on the cylinder head first and try a new O ring on the psiton head.
                  My Mp5k didn't have the best air seal to start off, but it cost pence to get it good with the above.
                  I've since fitted 13:1 gears, a high speed motor and it's running lovely.
                  Personaly I wouldn't replace anything untill it's showing signs of wear.
                  G&P SR-15-URX / HK416 Frakenstein build / CYMA MP5K ctr stocked cqb goodness / CYMA CM048 ak74
                  -----Broken/project guns wanted-----

Comment

Ok thanks mate that's helpful
                    For sale:

-Splitting M4
                    -MP5 Parts
                    -MP7a1
                    -M9 Magazine

Comment

About the Author

Collapse