Is it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

So in my possession I have the g&g gr16 light carbine and wanting to go for range+long distance accuracy since I play reasonably more woodland than cqb. However would it be worth getting something like a g&g m14 and working on that instead or attempting to make a cqb weapon a woodland? If so would it be worth getting a TM instead of g&g since TM is more adaptable to "upgrades". Thanks
    CURRENTLY SELLING ALL AIRSOFT GEAR IN THE NEXT MONTH

Originally posted by sir killaIot View Post
    So in my possession I have the g&g gr16 light carbine and wanting to go for range+long distance accuracy since I play reasonably more woodland than cqb. However would it be worth getting something like a g&g m14 and working on that instead or attempting to make a cqb weapon a woodland? If so would it be worth getting a TM instead of g&g since TM is more adaptable to "upgrades". Thanks
    TM M14s are far better than the G&Gs from what I've heard. I would advice just getting a TM M14, they are known to have one of the best ranges in the sport. Have that for woodland then keep you gr16 for CQB.

Is what I would do.
    Recoils: TM MK18 / TM Recce / TM G36K / TM AK102
    Rifles: G&P LMT MRP
    Shotguns: TM M870 / TM M3 / G&P Sheriff 870 / Madbul AGX Tan
    Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Originally posted by Half Trigger View Post
      TM M14s are far better than the G&Gs from what I've heard. I would advice just getting a TM M14, they are known to have one of the best ranges in the sport. Have that for woodland then keep you gr16 for CQB.

Is what I would do.
      But you see that I go airsoft maybe once every 2-3 months. So I'm trying to weigh up whether I would feel the benefits of a more expensive rifle

Comment

Originally posted by sir killaIot View Post
        But you see that I go airsoft maybe once every 2-3 months. So I'm trying to weigh up whether I would feel the benefits of a more expensive rifle
        It's always worth it!

I also skirmish once every three months, I own around 10 guns...
        Pistols: TM; Sig P226, Hi Capa Extreme x2, 1911 MEU / KWA; USP.45, M226, Glock 26, USP-c x2 / KJW 1911

Comment

Re: Is it worth it?

Its worth it, but maybe not 10 if you only go that often :P
          Think of it this way: you'll be happier with a better gun that you can use/upgrade/show off/out range people with, and in the future it'll be worth more when you want to change it or sell it on

Comment

i wouldn't. Yes TM can take more parts.. becuase they are engineered to do no more than 300fps so more parts need to be removed and replaced to make it do 340-350 fps, a m14 is also hard to work on unless you know what your doing "cqb" and "woodland" have no effect on a gun, you can make a m4 match a m14.

also are you going to do the work yourself on the gun?

Comment

Originally posted by skullfacedinfidel View Post
              i wouldn't. Yes TM can take more parts.. becuase they are engineered to do no more than 300fps so more parts need to be removed and replaced to make it do 340-350 fps, a m14 is also hard to work on unless you know what your doing "cqb" and "woodland" have no effect on a gun, you can make a m4 match a m14.

also are you going to do the work yourself on the gun?
              No you don't. Just stick a bigger spring in it. You don't need to upgrade everything immediately. That codswallop. Eventually maybe... But if he's skirmishes once every 3 months I reckon it will be a good two years before he needs to touch anything internally.

Comment

Id also say go TM but or the reason that, If you play infrequently, you want a gun that will *just work* rather than having to deal with an issue on a game day and spoil it.

Comment

As a G&G owner I suggest you get it.
                  The current price of the TM M14 is absolutely diabolically expensive and looks more of a toy than the G&G one (I've compared both side by side). However it can be fixed on the TM by getting a proper wood stock etc.
                  TM does have better accuracy though, but not by a large amount.
                  Lady Astor (first woman MP in the House of Commons): "Mr Churchill, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your tea."
                  Winston (getting unsteadily to his feet): "Madam, if I were your husband ... I'd drink it."

Comment

I've had the G&G and tried both before getting it. The G&G is much more solid than the TM and the gearbox is much easier to work on. The TM has slightly better range and accuracy, plus the mags are easier to get.

It's all down to what you think you'll gain from the extra money spent. Personally if it was me, I'd drop a full madbull hop/barrel/rubber setup into the M4. My G&G was the factory upgraded veteran version, with a black python barrel, firing at 424fps average. Yes it could get rounds to target faster, plus hit a torso sized stationary target with more consistency, but my VFC 416 (with the full madbull setup) had just as much range, nearly as good accuracy, and still has full auto.
                    sigpic

Comment

I would reccomend the TM M14 buddy, as said further up, you wont have to upgrade everything for how often you play even if you bump up the fps with a new spring.
                      Not that youd need too though, my mates is completey stock and has superb range.
                      The g&g might look better but the tm does out perform it (ive witnessed side by side comparison) and as youve said the performance is more important.
                      It all depends on your budget.

Spike

Sent from my 1 pound fish

Comment

Originally posted by Caveira View Post
                        I've had the G&G and tried both before getting it. The G&G is much more solid than the TM and the gearbox is much easier to work on. The TM has slightly better range and accuracy, plus the mags are easier to get.

It's all down to what you think you'll gain from the extra money spent. Personally if it was me, I'd drop a full madbull hop/barrel/rubber setup into the M4. My G&G was the factory upgraded veteran version, with a black python barrel, firing at 424fps average. Yes it could get rounds to target faster, plus hit a torso sized stationary target with more consistency, but my VFC 416 (with the full madbull setup) had just as much range, nearly as good accuracy, and still has full auto.
                        i do feel though that i need a change of scenery as this is still my first gun after 2 years and also there are two G&G m14s going for around £300 in the classifieds i believe - is this a good offer?
                        however what your saying does seem to make sense. I think that i will be sticking with the G&G due to TMs overpriced however maybe when/if I make any airsoft buddies then may have to invest in a TM Recoil as they look very attractive.
                        I will be installing any upgrades myself (I like to know my guns and how it all works)
                        Budget is n/a as i believe that what ever you put into airsoft you will always get 2/3s back
                        does it matter that i would rather buy it second hand than new so i'm saving money?

Comment

a G&P or Cyma m14 are good options aswell the CA/G&G mags are some times difficult to find, not to mention the fact that G&P and Cyma are TM clones which is awesome. i would defo go 2nd hand, if your planning on doing stuff yourself buying cheap and then spending money where it matters if a good option. as for M14 i would look up some vids BEFORE opening it as there are a few things that can't be lost or sourced if there any fuck ups.

Comment

Okay mate well don't think I'll be going as cheap as Cyma but i have only heard good things about the G&P. and I always do my research before I do anything. May have a look on the classifieds for a nice package

There is a G&P sr15 atm on the forums with: a scope,mags,elemental piston and grip. Is this worth it?
                            Last edited by sir killaIot; 3 February, 2013, 22:09.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sir killaIot Find out more about sir killaIot
                            Working...
                            X