X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFC HK417 Help!

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance for help.

Basically I have completely disassembled the rifle, all I am left with is the gearbox stuck inside the body of the rifle!

Usually with your generic M4 there is a small body pin but there is nothing like that on the 417!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Adam
    How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
    Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
    And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Re: VFC HK417 Help!

I had a full guide on taking these down - I will see if I can find it and give you a shout.

Comment

Got a 417 are you upgrading or is it broken

Comment

On mine, it's only the magazine release screw, and the two screws inside the pistol grip, there is no bolt from the buffer tube that follows inside the gearbox.
        Have a look at this vid mate
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-glg86rIxYo
        Fast forward to 11.00 mins

Comment

here is bolt under the rear stock plate, undo the stock tube bolt and you will see it
          airsoft in a pain for the bank manager

Comment

Perfect guys thanks for your help.

Your right there is a tiny Allen screw underneath the stock tube that effectively does the job of the normal m4 stock tube screw! Well hidden I must say!

Cheers!
            How to deal with cheats.......

Originally posted by cactus
            Put them in an empty room, chuck a few dynatecs in there with them.
            And then just spray them with a vulcan, that'll teach them how to behave..

Comment

Can anyone explain exactly what i'm doing wrong? I've taken of the pistol grip +screws and taken out the two mag catch screws but still can't get the GB out. I've been looking for the sling plate screw but I can't find it! Any suggestions?
              TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
              TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Anyone know?
                TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //

Comment

Not sure if this helps or not as I haven't taken my 417 apart yet, but on the 416c, there were difficulties I ran into trying to get the GB out of the body.
                  It seemed to be completely jammed in the body. Turns out that some of the VFC's had a slight issue at the factory and my receiver assembly was 2mm wider at the back that it was at the front.
                  Basically the rear was the correct dimensions but the front was too narrow and was "pinching" the GB in the receiver. I had to resort to a rubber mallet and a bit of TLC to get it out.
                  Obviously make sure you check absolutely everything before you take a mallet to your lovely 417, just be aware that that's what happened to me and the 416C.
                  I've been scared to fiddle with the 417 since that, even though I'm desperate to put an air brake piston in it!!
                  Good luck

Comment

Keep looking for the buffer tube screw. Looking at mine end on it seems pretty obvious, unless yours has been changed for a sling plate?
                    Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                    Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

ahh finally found it! Many thanks guys, Now just have to get into the trigger assembly to replace this bloody broken trigger spring!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ajn Find out more about ajn
                      Working...
                      X