a&k sr25 spring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a&k sr25 spring

Hey there I have a feeding issue with my sr25 and I think I may have found the problem I am just looking to see if you guys would agree and could help direct me on what I am looking for then! I do not have a wrap around spring on my inner barrel to push the hop unit into the gearbox that I gather should be there from watching videos could this be the cause, if so what is this spring called?

On another quick note, the little plastic clip on my dust cover is broke will an m4 dust cover fit? and if not would the little plastic bit be transferable?

Thanks in advance!

Drew
    sigpic

Re: a&k sr25 spring

not all hops have the spring, some are shimmied backwards with o rings slid over the barre. some hops have a nub that sticks out, which a spring slides on, you can use the spring from a clicky pen in that case.

Easiest way to tell if your hop is to far forward is to stick your finger up the magwell (giggity) and try and push it back, if it moves, hey presto, but if its rammed back as far as it can go, or touching the gearbox, then theres your issue.

Comment

SR25 dust covers are bigger than ar-15 dust covers - if you can find one that uses the same design of release nub then your sorted, otherwise youve got issues I'm afraid! A few companies sell SR25 dust covers, they will be different sizes unless you can get an A&K one.
      Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

Thanks mate I just checked that and it does seem to move around 5mmish back and forth. I know this gun I ment to come with a spring from disassembly videos.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
        sigpic

Comment

Ouch, sounds like youve found your feeding problems! Sacrifice a biro to the god of stationary and get a spring in there! :P
          Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

PLAYGOD Find out more about PLAYGOD
          Working...
          X