P90 large battery convertion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P90 large battery convertion

Anybody have a 'how to manual' on converting my p90 to take a large battery with my box mag?
    sigpic
    http://www.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=6155

Re: P90 large battery convertion

Normally via a wire that runs from the stock to the battery (externally).

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Doing it externally is what most people seem to do and it is the easiest way of doing it. But it looks ugly in my opinion and means that you have to cut a hole at the back of the gun to pass the wiring through.

You can do it internally but the wiring can make it awkward to fit the box mag on quickly.

Here's how I did it ages ago...

Firstly I took all the bits apart then cut using drills and craft knifes etc on the underside of the well base so it looked like so:

Then I made a suitable wire that could fit into the channel I'd just cut above:

The next task was to cut a hole into the magazine catch. You can probably see that this creates a hole which the wire can pass through not only the plastic bit but also through the middle of the spring behind it:

Then all you have to do is make a hole behind that spring into the normal battery compartment at the back of the gun. Then you can feed the wire mentioned above through that hole when you fit the box mag on, then connect one end to the wiring at the back of the gun and the other end to a battery in front of the box mag.

The best way to do it without doing the fiddly pushing the wire through the hole, would be to make some copper pads both on the back of the box-mag and on the magazine catch. This would mean that once the box mag is fitted the spring behind the magazine catch would keep enough pressure so that the copper pads would stay in contact. Maybe a project for the future...
      Wanted:
      A decent chronograph

Comment

Thanks for that...Dont know what to do now with regards to power...
        sigpic

Comment

What do you mean by power?

Voltage of battery or something?
          Wanted:
          A decent chronograph

Comment

Easy option! Don't use those Fugly box mag's

Sorry just my 2 pence worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Grantos View Post
              What do you mean by power?

Voltage of battery or something?
              Just the power to make my gun work.

Do i go for a lipo battery which is small and will fit in the gun or do i go for the large battery on the outside of the gun?

Think im going down the lipo route as it means no holes in the gun and also means that if i do change over to P90 mags....But this again might open a can of worms as to whether or not i need to replace any internals...

Your thoughts and 2 pence worth are greatly welcomed... :D
              sigpic

Comment

Is it a TM P90? The TM Version 6 gearbox is for the most part indestructible. This does not mean you can go silly but you have to be really unlucky to have a V6 drop out on you. I have seen and heard of more people running a 12v P90 than any other AEG. You can with a high level of confidence run a TM P90 on a 10.8v 1500mAh battery with no modifications for quite a considerable time. This gun will run on a 9.6v in perpetuity. And standard 8.4v will barely show any wear at all.

Are you specifically looking for a very high rate of fire? If you run a 9.6v 1500mAH mini batt the gun will give around 16-18rps and last a lifetime. And i can personally vouch that it will run all day on said battery.

You don't have to have a large battery to run it all day plus it takes only seconds to swap one out and they only cost about £14 on *bay.

So run an 8.4v or a 9.6v and leave the gun alone. Put a 10.8v or a 11.1v lipo and wait (and it may be some time) until the piston lets go then upgrade only the parts that show wear or brake.

I should say that the above advice is only relevant for the Tokyo Marui version. Treat any other model as you would any clone gun.

Let us know what exactly you want or expect from your gun and I promise you that we the P90 user's on Z1 will give you proper sound advice! It's not like we tart around with M4's all day :D:D:D

Comment

yeah I agree with the advice from thatblokewiththescar

I've had my P90 for some time now and apart from a simple fuse issue it has been indestructable.

For my purposes even with an 8.4V battery it fires faster than my M4 and most other guns simply because the TM P90 comes with an EG1000 motor fitted as standard. If you wanted a bit more ROF then go for a 9.6V.

Look around on *bay and you'll find a guy that does custom batteries. So you could get a higher mAh battery than what you get as standard. I've got a couple of 8.4V 1400mAhbatteries that last all day unless I go trigger happy like Rambo and fire more than 3000 rounds in a day.. or something like that.

Look after the batteries well by doing slower mA charges and discharge then after games and they'll last a long time too.

For these reasons I never need a large type battery and so don't need complex conversions like I suggested before. I find it easier to take two mini batteries for a days gaming. Much simpler :-)
                  Wanted:
                  A decent chronograph

Comment

A quick search on this very forum brought up this:

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...ht=p90+battery

Comment

The reasons for the lipo.
                      7.4v
                      Smaller
                      lighter
                      no mods to my gun
                      more MaH
                      Think more ROF

Thought about the large battery as an option for more Mah only & poss ROF.

I have a CA P90 and know squat about them (quality wise) hence all the stupid questions.

To save a load of hassle it would seem that getting another 8.4v mini is the best option. I do have a 9.4v but i then need the stock extender but i am not to keen on the way it feels, makes the gun just to long for my liking.
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

knarf3 Find out more about knarf3
                      Working...
                      X