strpped two gears in one week!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strpped two gears in one week!

so guys i recently got a bolt b4a1, an i must say its a cracking rifle with awesome recoil....when it works
    however when i got it i had to replace the gears, which i did with some element ones, great for 200 rounds -_- then a tooth of the sector gear broke off.
    so saturday night before my skirimish i managed to find a spare gear to replace it ( CA sportline one) which after 8 mids the damn thing stripped !
    it was running fine. so im contemplating ordering me some standard ratio shs gears which i know are pretty good.

is it worth removing the recoil system too stop the gears stripping once again or just think what the hell to it and see how long they last?

but if anyone on here has any experience with them could you please give me a bit of advice on what the hell is going on, shimming is good, its running at a pretty consistent 298fps and im using a 7.4v lipo

thank you guys

kiran

No experience with that gun but sounds similar to my g36. I put the recoil bits in wrong and it gradually stripped the piston over a period of about 2 hicaps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Re: strpped two gears in one week!

Well I checked the booklet to see the exploded veiw and everything is back in its origional place

Comment

Maybe the bolt gears are proprietary and thats why all the other makes are breaking?
        Hate.
        "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

If the recoil unit is placed slightly off eg too far forward there is no space for it to go all the way back so whatever is weakest breaks in your case the gears in my case the piston teeth. Margin for error is about 5mm but like I said thats just on my gun.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

The only proprietary part is the piston and shell itself, the shell is fine, and piston is exactly the same as a normal one with a slot cut out for the blow back.
            It runs smooth and then just goes :/ im thinking it may be my own fault for replacing the gears with naff ones tbh

Comment

I dont trust element gearbox parts as far as I can throw them, and mixing gearsets is generally not a good move unless you know they are exactly the same ratio.
              Shadow Stalkers Airsoft Team

Comment

With that recoil setup as well, its very sensitive to shimming, even slightly off and it will fubar quickly.
                section 24 of the 1968 Act
                Supplying imitation firearms to minors
                1)It is an offence for a person under the age of eighteen to purchase an imitation firearm
                2)It is an offence to sell an imitation firearm to a person under the age of eighteen.

Comment

Well my shim job on it was good, I guess ill chance it with a set of shs gears and for £20 if they break again ill buy more and remove the recoil I take no notice of it when I play anyway lol
                  Too busy engaging the target and screaming at them

Comment

Could always go for the shs hi torque S they won't brake

Comment

Well ive ordered some 18:1 ratio shs gears if these break I suppose I could buy high torque ones or just make a recoil into a dmr

Comment

Note to self, use a decent set of gears LOL
                        Replaced the gear set today guys and ran a few hundred tracer rounds through it to test ny new tracer unit too and it working perfectly now

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

fucoffee Find out more about fucoffee
                        Working...
                        X