Help fitting Noveske 12" RAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help fitting Noveske 12" RAS

I have a 12" Noveske free float RAS, I'm trying to fit it but I can't work out how the barrel nut holds the barrel on?

I have an ICS, I know it's not meant to fit an ICS, but I need to work out or see how it fits to a normal receiver and barrel so I can work out how to modify it to fit my gun.

So, any ideas?
    I know what i said because i was standing here when i said it.

ICS FAN - Always looking for parts. PM me what you have

Exactly what are you having problems with?

It's been a while since I have worked on ICS M4s but if the end of the barrel has the two tabs on

As in that picture then they will need removing first.

Pics of your setup would be good

Comment

As above! You need to file the little wings (tabs) off the ICS outer barrel near the receiver end. These stop non ICS barrel nuts from fitting - you'll notice your ICS barrel nut has notches in for them to pass through. Removing them won't effect anything unless you want to put ICS handguards on there!

Fit the barrel into the upper as normal and the barrel but will now slide over the barrel and tighten onto the receiver. If its like my 7 inch noveske you then slide the RIS on and tighten it with the Allen screws.

Comment

Re: Help fitting Noveske 12" RAS

If its the free float version it will have to be fitted with the free float nut and screws??

They come with it. The nut screws onto the receiver. You thread the ris onto it and then aline the holes up and screw up.

Is the ICS receiver different to the G&P then?

Steve
        Originally posted by -=256=-Swerve

while it still exists, it's secrets time! I secretly enjoy wearing silk lingerie. ok who's next?

Comment

what im trying to work out is how the barrel nut actually holds the barrel in. from just looking at it, it seems like barrel goes in the receiver and then the nut screws on, but the nut is hollow, it looks as if it would just fall out.

these are the images

Comment

No, the receiver thread should be the same. It's the ICS outer barrel that stops the nut going on, needs a 30 sec mod with a hacksaw to sort

There's a ridge inside the nut that clamps the barrel down when you tighten it! Barrel on, then screw nut onto receiver it clamps the barrel in place just like your old one!

Comment

It is hollow yes but if you look down it there is a "ridge" that once tight mates to the "lip" on the outer barrel, just to the rear if the two tabs that need removing.

With the exception of those two tabs all inner barrels on all AEGs/GBBs are held in the same way, just think of it as a low profile Delta ring.

Comment

Once youve removed the two tabs on the barrel slide the barrel through the back of the nut and screw the nut onto the receiver then when its tight, simply push the ris over the nut, and screw the bolts into the wholes making sure the top rails are aligned id take mine apart and show you but the misis will do her best to preven me from getting the rifle out as ill only be tempted to shoot it :')

Comment

Basically it doesn't work without a whole load of work. That probs will break your gun in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by FarStarbuck View Post
                    Basically it doesn't work without a whole load of work. That probs will break your gun in the end.
                    Eh??? It's as easy to install as any free float RIS! The minor modification to the ICS outer barrel is the only extra step needed, then it goes on exactly the same way as it would on any gun. It's a 5 - 10 minute job at the most including sawing off the two tabs!

Comment

Originally posted by FarStarbuck View Post
                      IO doubt it will break my gun, i mean, what exactly could break?

Anyway, the biggest issue is getting the old ICS threads to go on the new Madbull threads but after that it should be fine.

I havent actually fitted it all up yet. i was just working on the threads but i just couldnt see a way that the barrel got held in. Ill just go aheah and fit is as im sure it will work.

This is for my 'integrally suppressed' looking DMR. just imagine that rail with a full length stainless steal integral silencer and a bi pod. ill post pictures when its done. i did start the project last year but other stuff go in the way. ill post pics in the projects section when its don.

Thanks for all your help

Comment

It depends how it's threaded. If it has G&P threads it should go straight on. If not then you'll need to spend some time filing down the receiver threads or get hold of the Madbull rethreading die.

I put mine on a plastic upper, so the metal barrel nut did it's own rethreading!

Comment

There is another barrel nut out there, its threaded for WE/PTW, rare as unicorn plop but it can be found, might be worth a try before you look into rethreading.

And anyone that thinks removing those two tabs is hard work, try fitting a Madbull Noveske AEG outer barrel to a WE M4.....lol

Comment

have that same RIS on my ICS M4. looks awesome

Comment

I knew the tabs had to be taken out but I just couldn't work out how the cylindrical barrel nut held in the outer barrel. I'll just go for it.

The threads are not the same. I've heard that the retreading tool is rubbish and that you can just force the new nut on and it will cut its own teeth. Might look into getting that PTW nut instead.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Genesius Find out more about Genesius
                              Working...
                              X