piston help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piston help

ok so another element piston crapped out on me at the last game, i was told that i should get a marui one? my gun is a marui mp5 and ive switched a lot of parts to get it shooting 26 rounds a second. i dont want to feel like im going backwards here by putting in standard parts. I dont know what the best thing to do is because this is the second element thats bit the dust now, and i cant see how an inferior part will last longer, is there anything better?

Re: piston help

Get a G&P Polycarbonate High Pressure Piston mate also a Systema or Guardner Aluminium Piston Head with Metal Bearing

also if its the teeth could be bad shimming or too high a speed motor

element is cheap i wouldnt waste your time

Comment

tm pistons are rock,

or, prowin, i had one, it was hard as nails.

prowin piston head

Comment

dont get a aluminum Piston Head as it can add extra strain on the gb ,V2s have a weak area that dose not take to extra weight being slammed against it after a CA reinforced GB broke over a systema head and piston i have always kept to polycarbonate heads and pistons ( would rather them break than the gb casing ! )
        Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

yea it broke off at the back again and the other teeth are very worn. my element polycarb piston head is fine btw no signs of wear at all. so you guys are saying get the gnp pressure piston or the systema or the prowin or is the marui one ok? i just dont believe that the unupgraded part will last longer somehow.

Comment

Element pistons are poop. So are Systema pistons. TM pistons are good, ICS even are pretty good, and G&P are alright. Prometheus pistons are grand, but they cost a lot, and really don't offer that much benefit. I wouldn't reccommend one in this situation. You likely need to correct the angle of engagement between the piston and sector gear. That'll help the most.
            The symptoms you've described are typical of a poor angle of engagement, combined with a brittle piston.
            Whatever you do, don't get a Systema or Element piston. Or an aluminium one for that matter. They're just as prone to failiure.
            sigpic
            Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
            I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

cheers for quick reply!
              that prometheus one was mentioned last time i posted here and had probelms but i never found one so just stuck an element in there and it worked for a few months until yesterday. i cannot seem to find

Comment

Seriously, why does no one believe me when I say it's not worth the money. In this case, it's really not. It's a hard piston, designed to be run at high velocities. Will run fine in your set up, but then so will an ICS piston. And they can be had much cheaper.
                Because I don't like ICS, I'd got for a TM, or a G&P. If you're not as prejudiced as me, you might want to try the ICS. Getting that angle of engagement right is going to make the big difference. Check out some guides, there's plenty floating around the interenet, even one on these forums I think. Mamba posted one with pics IIRC.
                sigpic
                Tanaka M700 RealSword SVD TM VSR
                I want your broken Tanaka shotguns!

Comment

The TM Piston is good for high speed setups because of the materials its made from. Its not the piston you would want if you were going for a high FPS upgrade, the teeth just don't cope with the load as well as others.

It is softer than G&Ps or Systemas and has a much better resistance to fracture, this is why it is common for high speed setups, you will rarely if ever see the rear tooth ripped off the back of a TM, this is the problem for the majority of other after market pistons. Whether it be that the sector tooth engages the piston whist it is still returning or the initial impact of the sector tooth hitting the first piston at very high speed even after it has returned, that same rear tooth breaks off.

The Prometheus Piston is made from harder materials, but the 9 plastic teeth including the rear pickup tooth have side wall support, i am yet to see the rear tooth ripped off of one of those. But as dope said, you do not need one of these in your setup, 26rps is easily manageable with a modified TM Piston, they are lighter and much cheaper.
                  dsgdreamteam

Comment

Deep fire Piston With Titanium Rack
                    *LINK REMOVED*

this seems to be a good idea

YOU REPLACE JUST THE RACK WHEN IT WEARS OUT

the racks made of titanium too..

thought this might help.
                    Last edited by sj_asc; 13 March, 2009, 13:27. Reason: Linking to other Airsoft Retailers
                    old trader rating link

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10627

Comment

The piston will survive, but imagine what it will do to the rest of the GB if it locks up fior some reason!
                      sigpic

Comment

Indeed, metal piston is a very bad plan. It won't go, but your gears will.

Comment

so guys which one shall it be?

Comment

tm standard piston. cheap, awesum......

think of it this way, if element made aegs, and your piston went, and tm made pistons, and not guns. theyd be the best pistons out.

just cos its standard, does not make it crap

Comment

TM. Correct the angle of engagement.

End of thread.
                              Buy my stuff!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

kraker Find out more about kraker
                              Working...
                              X