Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p90 Hicap does not fire full mag

Looking for a little help here

I have some genuine TM high caps - but unfortunately it wont fire a whole mag.

It fully winds and clicks like it does when its at full tension.

But will always leave 50 or so rounds in the mag - you then have to wind again to get the last 50 out.

I did try to re wind the winding spring - but didnt seem to make any difference?

Any suggestions? (Please not the generic "dont buy p90 high caps "

Thanks
    Oli

Re: p90 Hicap does not fire full mag

They are notorious for it as you've got a horizontal feed rather than a vertical one.

Also most high caps wont do a full mag on one wind. The old marui G36 ones for example took two winds.

Most players wind the mag on a few times whenever there is a good chance to do so, like a break in a firefight or walking back to the respawn.

I think you're just expecting too much from the mechanism of any hi cap and definitely too much from the P90s which can have feed issues too because of its bearing.

Comment

p90 high caps are notoriously bad feeders. Try banging it around a bit and it should free them up, certainly used to help mine when they stopped feeding. My advice would be to buy the silver back 150 round mags. flawless feeding and much higher amount of rounds than the standard mags.

Comment

The words P90 and hicap, that's your problem.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

I read somewhere that not filling them to the brim helps the feed issue.

Comment

I love how everyone will often jump in with the 'its a P90 hi-cap, they don't work' line :p.

Here is what you do:
            1. Retract the spring and open the latch, feed in about 10-20 bbs.
            2. Rotate the winder once or twice so the first few shots feed into the loading mechanism.
            3. Fill the rest of the magazine, making sure that you don't fill it past the latch that you feed them in from, leave about 1cm gap below the latch if you can.
            4. Close the latch and wind the winder until you get a horrible clacking sound, this means it is loaded.
            5. When not at a game open up and slide off the panel at the back of the magazine and let the spring hang out for a bit, to reduce the constan tension on it.

If you follow the above and don't bang them around you should have no issue at all.

'FireKnife'
            68 Pistols and counting in over 8 years of airsoft.
            Got a spare 10mins or are bored? Check out my film reviews: http://200filmsbeforeyoudie.wordpress.com

Comment

So I've decided to keep 1 high cap. I'm going to buy the rest lo or mid caps. Any recommendations? I would like little more than 70 rounds. I've never heard of silverback before? I don't mind paying slightly more if it means I get better feeding and good quality etc.

Comment

I decided to order 4 MAG p90 170 rd mid caps after reading positive reviews on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkette View Post
                  I decided to order 4 MAG p90 170 rd mid caps after reading positive reviews on them.
                  Please let us know how you get on with the MAG mid caps. I tried some Silverbacks after hearing really good things about them but had no luck.

Must admit though... I have got used to carrying around 4 low caps and conserving ammo, choosing my targets carefully and getting closer to the enemy. They always feed reliably and don't rattle. I tried high caps but they didn't work either lol. There are a few guides I have found online that detail how to modify a high cap to feed more consistently. Never tried it myself though.

Comment

I have never had ANY form of bad MAG mag, ran them in my P90, have run MAG M4 mags and I am now running MAG AK mags.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Originally posted by Quibble View Post
                      Please let us know how you get on with the MAG mid caps. I tried some Silverbacks after hearing really good things about them but had no luck.

Must admit though... I have got used to carrying around 4 low caps and conserving ammo, choosing my targets carefully and getting closer to the enemy. They always feed reliably and don't rattle. I tried high caps but they didn't work either lol. There are a few guides I have found online that detail how to modify a high cap to feed more consistently. Never tried it myself though.
                      So the mags arrived yesterday and I have to say I am impressed. They feel very solid and match the TM colour very well. I fired a whole 170 round mag with long and short bursts with no problems. I will report back once I have skirmished them next week!

The only slight problem is loading them is harder than a TM lo cap as there are more turns etc. Have to press the speed loader pretty hard!

I got a bundle of 4 for £65 so not bad for just over £15 per mag! (Alot cheaper than a TM lo cap!)

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Pinkette Find out more about Pinkette
                      Working...
                      X