Upgarding a Tokyo Marui Aug, need advice on components

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgarding a Tokyo Marui Aug, need advice on components

Hey all, i need advice on turning my Tm Aug A2 into a sought of marksman rifle
    i dont know much about motor brands and pistons so i need advice on what to get
    the gun has been given a new hop-up, 6.03mm barrel, wired to Deans and i used a 8.6v 1500mah battery
    my price range is about £100 but i may be able to stretch to £150
    So what should i get to turn this into a long range machine?
    many thanks
    Last edited by sj_asc; 16 February, 2013, 21:42. Reason: Moved to Tech Section

Re: Upgarding a Tokyo Marui Aug, need advice on components

Before you ask what parts you want, you need to decide on what you want to achieve.

You say it already has a barrel and hop, which are the key things for marksman, so what next are you looking to get.

Fast trigger response? Try a 7.4v LiPo for starters (assuming the 8.6v is a traditional Nickel based battery). No gearbox upgrades needed and it will speed things up nicely. Good capacity on them too.
    High cycle rate? I'm guessing not in a marksman, unless you have a seriously twitchy semi-auto finger, but this would be where gears/motor come in.
    Quiet operation? Higher quality gears with proper shimming and alignment would help to some degree.

The "long range machine" you are looking at is already there with your hop and barrel. Upgrading the gearbox won't do much for your range/accuracy, assuming your airseal is already good.
    Consider some more advanced hop mods, like the "R-Hop". This take a LOT of fine tuning and effort to get right, so if you go this route get comfortable taking apart your hop unit with your eyes closed.

Beyond that we'd need to know more about what you are looking to achieve.

Comment

like was said above you need to make sure that your fps (airseal throughout the rifle) remains constant so it does not vary too much from shot to shot. There are various mods you can do to achieve this like stretching the piston head O-ring polishing the cylinder and cylinder head or even upgrading those parts. You may also want to consider improving the airseal on your hop up by glueing or taping the hop up rubber tightly to the barrel. Also if your barrel is loose within the outer barrel it will vibrate each time you shoot giving you inconsistent shots which is the last thing you want with a DMR so to rectify this you can wrap tape around your barrel so that it fits snug into the outer barrel and cannot move. You can do a lot of mods for nothing or next to nothing and you will see a much bigger improvement in airseal than if you just wacked in some new shiny commpression parts.

In the way of upgrading comppression parts i can reccomend ones made by element although people say that after a point the make is less important you just have to get all the parts from the same company because all the parts will be made to work with their other parts from that same company and will all be the right size.
      For sale:

-Splitting M4
      -MP5 Parts
      -MP7a1
      -M9 Magazine

Comment

if i recall (been a long time since i looked at a aug) their air seal due to the nozzle can be a problem at times, and also barrel wobble due to the way the gearbox is held in place in the body. could stick some foam in the back to quite things down, though battery space is already tight so a lipo would be likely needed
        Head shot aka open minded

Comment

thankyou guys
          The gun seems to have fairly good compression at the moment, i haven't noticed any barrel wobble and currently it is rather quite when shooting with a very fast rate of fire and dude to the weird trigger system semi auto fire is very responsive
          what about the spring, i was hoping to put like a m110 spring in it but what would that do to the rest of the gun? could it burn out the motor?
          and what i want to achieve out of this is just a very accurate long range gun, not to bothered about the rate of fire on the gun just about range, durability and fps

Comment

if you upgrade and TM gun the first thing you need to do is get new gears, standard tm ones tend to swiss cheese on anything other than a stock spring.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Handsome bob Find out more about Handsome bob
            Working...
            X