KING ARMS M4 range increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KING ARMS M4 range increase?

hi there guys ive just got my first m4 and i was looking to try improve range on her......It has 6.03/.04 TBB prob the 463mm length or something as it has silencer fitted and it goes almost to the end of that. it was CQB length b4.i just put a brand new systema 1j spring in it and i must say i noticed the difference from the older spring immediatly (i no it needs breaking in) ive read plenty of threads on people saying that your hop unit plays 1 of the biggest parts in this but im struggling to see how upgrading my hop unit would change the range.......if i increase hop too much it obviously jams, little bit less crappy shots, less still too much arc upwards, so then i get it where i feel it is optimum yes??? so how would a different hop up increase my range from this perfect point that ive found?? my hop works fine but how would a different rubber, nub etc, lengthen range? i just cant get my head round it so if any1 can help i would really apptreciate it guys......im thinking a shs 110 spring? any thoughts i dont want to go much more than 350fps +/-

Re: KING ARMS M4 range increase?

If you have a decent quality 6.03 no point in swapping that.

What you need to find and people have been looking for donkeys years and not many find it, is the point where you say the hop is optimum BUT the downward pressure from the hop rubber nub combo is the least it needs to be to give that amount of back spin. I have written about this a few times.

I wouldn't use an M110 sping. If you are all sealed up properly you will be way over your 350 target. Or more importantly quite possibly, the sites requirements.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

changing from a cqb length barrel to a longer barrel isnt the best of ideas if you dont get a cylinder to match. An unvented cylinder is normally found on full lenth m16 barrels and then vented for shorter and very vented for shorter barrels.

Also there will be almost no difference in distance between a 150mm barrel and a 450mm barrel, my TM mp5k out shout my g36k in distance with ease. Its all about hop, but then again there is no holy grail of mods or upgrades, almost all AEGs will shoot the same distance, and its not all down to power, get a stock TM m4 shooting at 270fps, i bet it will easily out shoot cheaper chinese guns at 350fps.

A softer nub and bucking will provide more resistance to the bb increasing spin, but without adding too much pressure causing a jam. A complete bog standard tm nub and bucking go in all my guns, and where possible a tm hop.

Comment

Right well firstly thanks for responding guys, I've just gone and measured my garden (pretty big) and set markers every 5metres, I've easily got to the 50m marked out. Could get more but left it @ and even 50m. What would be a respectable range in metres before there is bb drop??? Just asking for opinions as I havnt fired many weapons and I've got a feelin I'm just used to real rifles and expecting too much from our 6mm friends. As for the cylinder is that the (brass coloured on mine) vent that I can see on the side that u mentioned? I only have the 1 I think?? And the systema spring I believed it to increase to 330fps and maybe some more from the TBB. My site says we could waver over 350 maybe to 360/370 as the owner was told by the law or summet. Cheers guys will fire a few shots and see how far it actually goes.

Comment

Well if your getting 50meters as it is just leave the barrel and hop rubber alone, the only thing I would get is a pro win m4 hop unit, much better then the standard type
          Hate.
          "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

But why is it much more better than a stock unit??? This is my point...if I get new bucking and nub and it supposedly creates more spin on the bb, and it's backspin not rifling like real steel, the more backspin the arc will increase surely. Even when set to optimum I don't see how range would increase? I'm not trying to swerve spending the £10-20 that it costs I'm just trying to find out if its worth it. Or would it be a case of new hop bucking & nub and heavier bbs??

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!!

Comment

Ok I've fired both 0.20g and 0.25g bbs and they both shoot at basically same range obviously with a slight hop adjustment. Both accurate to say 45-50m with a slight curve to the left. Now that I no In metres that its achieving what it is I guess I can live with that, always just kinda been guessing the range but now I no. Just another question....why do u think I'm getting the curve to the left?? Dirty barrel? I've cleaned what I can but don't have a Long enough barrel cleaner so roughly half way down I can see dirt. Could only clean from 1 end then the other lol but only reached say a 3rd down the barrel so the middle 3rd is still dirty. Cheers again guys.

Comment

a curve is normally caused when the hop up nub isnt pressing squarely onto the bb. might mean its sat a little funny, or your bucking isnt on correctly, they sometimes bunch up if you dont spray them and the hop with silicone spray putting it together.. could also be a bent barrel, roll it on your kitchen work surface (they tend to be flat.. cant account for ikea crap though)

Comment

Cheers buddy gonna get new bucking and nub anyways will try the slab of marble we have at work that is perfectly level and flat. Does any nub and bucking fit together and in any unit?

Comment

yup, well.. im yet to find a hopup unit that a madbull transparant "shark" bucking will fit in.. also H nubs can be a little iffy in some hops.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Ducksta2012 Devoted father and soldier!!! Find out more about Ducksta2012
                    Working...
                    X