TM P90 connector issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TM P90 connector issue

hi i just got a p90, i have an issue where the contacts look worn and well... buggerd... the gun will not fire via trigger pull yet putting foil on the contact will make the gun work fine (im not an idiot, i didnt use the foil there for any lenght of time i just needed to know if it was the contact or the wiring) anyway, does anyone know of a long term fix for this?

i havnt seen replacement wireing harnesses or contacts available for the p90, so i really dont want to bodge it and end up in the middle of the game with a unworking or fried gun. thanks.

Re: TM P90 connector issue

Get some cotton buds, salt, vinegar, and a small dish. You'll need to mix the salt into the vinegar at a ratio of 1:3 (in the dish). Makes a pretty good cleaner for copper contacts! You'll only need to make up a small amount. Dip the cotton buds in the concoction and scrub the built up nasty on the contacts. Might take a couple of goes, but it will get them nice and shiny (clean) again! I found it easiest to remove the copper plated from the mechanism beforehand, though on a P90 you may not need to.

Comment

i tend to lightly file the contacts to remove any aching deposites that occur. also over time the contacts tend to bend open a little, so giving them a tweak may help. it will also lesson the amount of trigger pull you will need before the gun starts to shoot. (only by a little)

Comment

thanks guys, one of the contacts are really thin though im not sure a cleaning would work too well!??!?

Comment

watch this site
          http://stores.ebay.com/Marui-Parts-Showcase-97

The whole wiring assembly sometimes comes up. Then install a mosfet to prevent trigger contact burn out if using anything more than a 8.4v

Comment

i know its a deer way to get it but you can get a complete KM version 6 gearbox for about £35-40 or try looking for an echo 1 switch set .had the same thing with mine after 14 years use , i actually cut and shaped some thin copper sheet to make new contacts ,then fitted a mosfet as well.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DeAtH-aToMiC Find out more about DeAtH-aToMiC
            Working...
            X